Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calling All RC-F Owners (West Sussex Area)

Evening All,

Lee Perryman at SRD has asked if I can find a volunteer to pop in to see them with a 2015 or 2016 RC-F that they can plug in to see whether the ECU can be re-programmed....

Lee thinks it will take no more than 30mins, but would be a huge help to see if they can be remapped or not.

The workshop is in Haywards Heath.

Let me know please folks.

Thanks,

Pete 👍😎

2 minutes ago, Twellsie said:

can they MAP ISFs Pete?

In theory, but RR-Racing already offer the remaps for the IS-F.

I think this is a joint project with RR-Racing, so not sure if they would be willing to do them mate.

Happy to ask as an aside if you want? 

2 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

In theory, but RR-Racing already offer the remaps for the IS-F.

I think this is a joint project with RR-Racing, so not sure if they would be willing to do them mate.

Happy to ask as an aside if you want? 

I don't fully understand the RR racing route, do you have to buy a $700 plug in then they can send you the maps? if I went to SRD does this negate the cost of the plug in bit? otherwise I don't see the point?

7 minutes ago, Twellsie said:

I don't fully understand the RR racing route, do you have to buy a $700 plug in then they can send you the maps? if I went to SRD does this negate the cost of the plug in bit? otherwise I don't see the point?

Correct. You buy the handheld device, plus the map from RR-Racing. If you add more to your car, they can send you a new map to factor in the additional modifications for an additional fee.

I doubt SRD would want to map just a handful of IS-F’s, especially after RR-Racing have done all the R&D, testing on their maps. 

Lee would be the best person to ask (I can check for you?) though.

This check is to see if the early RC-F’s can be accessed to upload a new map, won’t actually be adding or changing the OEM settings.

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

If I had one I’d be on it! What are the results for the stock isf? Assume they will be similar to any rcf tune. 

Hey Stu,

All depends on what supporting modifications are done alongside the tune. You’d need to do exhaust, or headers or both along with a tuned intake to see good improvements.

An IS-F with these and a tune should be around 60-80 whp up on stock, with around 50-60 torque gained.

Think the RC-F would gain a little more, as it’s improved over the IS-F. The weight difference would hinder it though...

On 11/6/2018 at 6:25 PM, Peter P18 said:

Evening All,

Lee Perryman at SRD has asked if I can find a volunteer to pop in to see them with a 2015 or 2016 RC-F that they can plug in to see whether the ECU can be re-programmed....

Lee thinks it will take no more than 30mins, but would be a huge help to see if they can be remapped or not.

The workshop is in Haywards Heath.

Let me know please folks.

Thanks,

Pete 👍😎

Hi Pete

I work in Haywards Heath so can drop my car in for them to have a look at.  Do you know exactly what they will or want to do?

Steve

13 hours ago, Dave McDave said:

Hi Pete

I work in Haywards Heath so can drop my car in for them to have a look at.  Do you know exactly what they will or want to do?

Steve

Hi Steve,

That's brilliant! Let me message Lee today for more details for you. I am under the impression they literally want to plug in their OBD 2 reader and check to see if they can access the ECU. They won't be changing anything or doing any work that could cause issues or CEL's etc. It's just a yes they can or no they can't exercise.

I'll be in touch shortly to confirm though Steve.

Cheers,

Pete :thumbup:

Morning All,

So Lee has confirmed he simply needs to plug in the Techstream system (Toyota diagnostic tool everyone including the dealerships use) and run a health check on the ECU. That’s it for now. Lee offered to come to you Steve if that’s easier? He reckons it won’t take long at all.

Also, Lee confirmed plan may be to have Rafi provide SRD/customers with the maps, and SRD would do the uploading and dyno test for us. They have Techstream already, so no need for the handheld controllers for you guys. 

Apparently like with the GTR’s, the IS-F at least can’t be live tuned, has to be flashed.

Let me know what you prefer Steve. 👍😎

Good weekend folks.

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links