Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sporadic single beep while driving

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new Lexus IS300h and I have this weird single beep happens sometimes while driving with no indication.

I have no navigation system installed on my car so I don't think it's a camera/radar beep, unless the car can notice one without GPS.

Any clue?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, normski2 said:

Windscreen washer reservoir low warning??

Hard to believe since the car is couple of days old.

Let's say this is the issue - no visual indication for that only beep?

If your parking assist on permanently, then maybe the sensors are picking up something as you drive past, like a traffic light pole, although I’d be surprised any road furniture would be close enough to set them off.

Does it happen on the wide open road (like a motorway) or around town ? You could probably eliminate the camera sensing theory, by driving on a known camera road and see if it activates. 

Maybe it’s the road sign camera picking up the speed limits on the road and beeping when it displays it..

Probably best to call the dealer. They are bound to clear it up in five minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Pink said:

If your parking assist on permanently, then maybe the sensors are picking up something as you drive past, like a traffic light pole, although I’d be surprised any road furniture would be close enough to set them off.

Does it happen on the wide open road (like a motorway) or around town ? You could probably eliminate the camera sensing theory, by driving on a known camera road and see if it activates. 

I only have rear camera and proximity sensors installed, nothing else that has to do with parking assistance.

I've noticed it only on wide open roads actually but I might be mistaken.

Once I get home I'll check if the road cameras has any effect on the beeping.

Just now, ISJason said:

Maybe it’s the road sign camera picking up the speed limits on the road and beeping when it displays it..

Probably best to call the dealer. They are bound to clear it up in five minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If i exceed the speed limit after the car picks the road sign it beeps?

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

Parking sensors disable above approx 10mph...

I didn't know you could buy a Lexus without Sat Nav! Speed camera alerts are a quick double beep anyway.

So this is eliminates the speeding cameras.

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

How about LDA? (lane departure Alert)

Have you scrolled through the cluster multi-display to check if there is any warning/error messages showing?

Yup, this I have.

Yea, I've tried to check if there's any warning but couldn't find anything

Ishay, I notice you are Other/non UK so maybe it is a feature unique to your area. In any event a short call to Lexus should solve the problem.  Its a new car so there is always the warranty to fall back on.

Yup, this I have.
Yea, I've tried to check if there's any warning but couldn't find anything
I actually have noticed the exact same thing. Very random, a single beep. I actually noticed it more driving in the UK, more so then ireland. I wonder is it a speed camera alert maybe? My model does not have the speed sign precondition.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, BigChange said:

Ishay, I notice you are Other/non UK so maybe it is a feature unique to your area. In any event a short call to Lexus should solve the problem.  Its a new car so there is always the warranty to fall back on.

I assumed someone had this problem before so I though I would check here first. 

Well I get it figured out, it was the speeding camera road sign that triggered it. 

Sometimes when I go near the sign it beeps like crazy and then it stops and give a single beep.

Any idea why it beeps several times? Has to do with the speed maybe? Even though I was not speeding.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...