Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Daytime Running Lights

What I’m effectively after is to have the rear lights on when the normal DRLs are on.  

In DRL mode, you get no rear lights. Switch to side-lights and you get rear lights but the front DRL dims. I’m after the best of both worlds when it’s not really dark enough to switch the full dipped xenons on. 

This was IMHO a big flaw in the DRL legislation as most drivers now just rely on the DRL in the rain or poor visibility to be seen (and they are bright enough for that) but forget that they have no rear lights. Lexus unlike some cars don't have the auto headlights linked to come on with the windscreen wipers either and so just rely on low light. I have adjusted my auto light sensitivity so they come in sooner because of this but still not ideal if it's bright but raining as this still doesn't trigger the auto lights so I have to remember to switch on manually and of course then remember to switch back to auto. It would have been more useful if the legislation had mandated rear lights to be on at all times too or that auto headlights must come on when the windscreen wipers are in use for more than xx seconds. 

• Like 3

Totally agree with you couldn't have said it any better and furthermore we seem to be over relying on technology where common sense should prevail(another thing that is increasingly in short supply)😊 

• Like 2