Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Modifications

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and live in Brisbane Australia. I have just purchased a Black IS 200 Sport which is my second IS 200 over the past 5 years.

My first car was 100% stock standard with very few extras. My new car just about has them all and looks the part, (too me anyway). Problem is that I'm constraind by the 114 kW barrier and would like to improve on it or at least make it sound more the part. Bigger problem is that I know very little about this area and this is what has leed me to these forums....... :huh: I'm also worried about my warrenty when modifying, etc.

So getting to the point, are there any IS200 owners who have been through my situation who could shead some like on how to get the most bang for your buck. I have been looking at the variuos Lexus websites in Aus but they don't anything on modifications or personallising your car.....

I have has a bit of a look on eBay but there is very little available in AUS.....

Help please :duh:

Thanx for those links, I have email TTE for an Australian distributor....

I'm not looking to spend trucks loads of cash, just $500 here and there over the next year or so. I intend on keeping my car for 4-5 years like my previous IS 200, its something I want to do as a continuing hobby. Problem is appart from a complete new exhaust system, I'm not really sure of my options.

My mate has a 03 WRX and he has just has it fit out with a new exhaust system (AU$2400) which has increased his power at the wheels by 20% - That's a little rich for my blood as a first step!

Hey mate:

I'm from Brisbane as well, u can have look my car if u want its supercharged, may be i can help you out with all your modifications. Do u have legana kit on ur Black IS?

I was looking at the supercharge kit from TTE, 3900 pound fitted.....I can only imagine what that converts to AUS$, 10-12 thousand or something. Does the supercharger in fact increase output by 30+ percent?

With respect to the legana kit, my car is a straight 200 Sportz with a good size tail and an additional bit of triming on the front bumper........

I'm pretty damn happy with the way the car looks, my last IS was mica red (non-sport demonstrator) which didn't really do it for me. But the IS with the Sports pack and a tail in black looks the sh$t!

What I really want to achieve is to make the car a little more personal, stand out a little from all the other sport IS running around, (soz guys). Maybe make it sound a little meaner or something....I don't really know, it will depend on the cost I guess.

Hey mate:

What I really want to achieve is to make the car a little more personal, stand out a little from all the other sport IS running around, (soz guys). Maybe make it sound a little meaner or something....I don't really know, it will depend on the cost I guess.

Consider a HKS Silent Hiper exhaust :D

Hey mate: Consider a HKS Silent Hiper exhaust  :D

Where can I get a price on one, had a look at Rocket and they don't stock HKS and the HKS website seems to service every country but Australia.....

What is your TRD Sportz filter like and where the hell did you find all those goodies for your beast? Did you get them from your dealer? I love the red brake calipers..... :hehe: