Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Battery

Poundy

Seems that after giving the 12v Aux Battery a 24hr charge with my C-Tek it still dropped rather quickly down to a tad over 12.2v. So it appears It would be prudent to replace it with winter coming on, it looks like it's the original one fitted so is now 4.5 years old. The car is still starting ok, I am not sure what part this Battery plays in the great scheme of things, if it actually starts the car or just runs some accessories etc.

It also appears that the original OE Battery supplier Yuasa are no longer providing the fitted B24 JIS wet cell Battery and are now only listing the AGM Battery as a replacement, of course that is over twice the price. The Lexus dealer still lists them though so I will most likely take a drive over and get a fitted free from them. There are cheaper options online but when looking at the physical sizes and the restricted space, plus some of the power figures are down, I might just bite the bullet.

Battery in the boot just runs accessories, big Battery actually turns the motor and in turn the engine to start it. 4.5 years isn’t too bad and within normal parameters for it to be in the way out. Just double check there isn’t an interior light stuck in or something that could be draining it. 

Thanks Colin, I couldn't find anything left on so presume it's just age related. I presume the 12v must play some part in start up as the handbook says the car will not start up if it is flat.

Thank for the comments guy's Lexus Battery now fitted 🙂

So I took my car out to Lexus at Fort Dunlop today to have my tired 12v Battery changed, it could have probably lasted longer as the tech said it only initiates the system at start up and then the hybrid Battery does everything, but at 4.5yrs old and showing 11.8 to12.1v I got a new one fitted. It appears from my research that Yuasa are making these as Toyota only supply and the 45A wet cell is not available elsewhere via online or retail supply. The nearest in other makes I could find being around 35A,  which are cheaper but slightly different dimensions.

So they fitted the new Battery, disposed of the old one reset whatever was needed did a video health check and found a nail in the front tyre which they repaired FOC, the tech said this is always a free service as long as they are repairable, so that's worth remembering. While all this was going on I was sat drinking some very decent coffee and eating all their biscuits in the lounge

They eventually bought the car back round to the front door washed and vacuumed and relieved me of £95 inc vat. I thought this was decent value for money and was impressed with the service delivered so thanks Lexus 🙂

• Like 2