Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Genuine Lexus moulded rubber boot liner/tray

A request for 'pointers' as to where to start looking.  It seems these were available some years ago but I have drawn a blank for a new one. My car is 2010 3rd. Gen 450h so I am rather surprised that all stock seems exhausted both in UK and Europe and even Australia!      Some years ago I drove a Toyota and bought  a new rubber boot liner very easily from Toyota Spares. It was an excellent quality accessory which fitted so tightly around the boot contours that almost no dust and dried mud could squeeze down the crack -  there was no crack as the tenaciously tight fitting rubber lip saw to that. The car was 7 years old when I bought the liner so it is a little surprising that my 8 year old 450h is way too old for a new liner.

I am now on my second liner which is again, a poor fit in the boot and allows dried mud and leaves to litter the black carpet below;  I play golf hence my need for a closely fitting and semi rigid liner. I am reluctant to try yet another aftermarket eBay offering as both of my liners have been selected on their cost base thinking that a real quality product would arrive. Sadly no.

So I am looking to find an original used liner, in good condition from perhaps a crashed 450h. I have logged my name and interest with two or three used Lexus spares outlets on the internet but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed or have good experiences with second hand /  used Lexus spares and from which outlet please.

Thank you Cruisermark and yes seen and tried already !   Hopelessly thin PVC mix which is slightly smaller than the boot floor so with golf clubs and trolley on top it moves around very slightly causing the lip to distort against the boot sides thus allowing the lip to bend and 'open up'.  Really not very satisfactory in my view but not sufficient to return to supplier as there is no claim that the liner is made with sufficiently sturdy and robust materials that will resist movement and flexing.  The price mitigates against further action as I am sure the heavy and tightly fitting original in thick, robust rubber would have fitted like a glove thus resistant to any movement and distortion. Naturally the prices asked when new will be all the evidence one needs of a thoughtfully and robustly engineered product as my Toyota liner most certainly was.

Nonetheless I thank you for your help.

I cannot find a record of where I bought mine from, sorry. However, it looked identical to the one in the photo on the eBay listing that cruiser Mark posted.

But, I think that based on the bit in the listing that says "Flexible and light, allowing for easy fold away and storage" I'd say they are now making them out of thin plastic because mine was anything but flexible and easy to fold!

Sorry that I cannot help you.

Brian.

Thank you XT5 for your research into past purchases and I have left  a few 'feelers' out in case an original becomes available. Sad to relate that in my recent search for a late model GS 450h, I did spot an example on the internet which happened to have an original boot liner very much from the same mould - forgive the pun - as my Toyota but the  car was not up to scratch and at that time, I had no idea that original liners were now  like the Indian Rope Trick -  every body has heard about it but no one has ever seen it!

I have spent some time back on the internet trying to recall the advertisement just in case the car is still available -  it isn't - and the dealer might have sold just the liner but no luck.

On 11/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, cruisermark said:

I bought one very similar to this - link. The 450 one seems to be this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAILORED-RUBBER-BOOT-LINER-MAT-TRAY-Lexus-GS-450h-2005-2011/302566230846?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus|Model%3AGS&hash=item46725a4b3e:g:LGoAAOSwPzhaM746:rk:2:pf:0

OK it's essentially the same one as Marks...but I was forever taking the kiddies pram in/out and it never moved. Unfortunately you may well have to do with the one you already have. As a 'mod' you could also use the tethering clips inside the boot to anchor the tray down in some way??

Yes Normski I have come to the conclusion that an original liner, whether new or used, is unlikely to be sourced and I am resigned to 'dealing' with the the cheap and cheerful 'lash-up' that I have in the boot. The most tiresome element being the regular emptying of the boot and the removal of the liner so as to vacuum the dried mud and leaves that constantly drop from my golf bag. shoes and trolley and work themselves down between the bowed and distorted lip and the boot's side walls.

Worse things have happened I suppose.  However, thank you for your input.