Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jeff Ricketts

Snooker boy

Hi all,

I have owned a IS200 from new on a 54 plate [which i still love] just turned 60,000 on clock, am i wise to replace tyres

with Bridgestones which are premier tyres when only driving local to work etc or should i buy cheaper tyres

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, there is a lot info on tyrereviews.com, personally I tend to trust their opinion. 

On my previous car (also rear wheel drive) I put on KumhoKU39 tyres and was really nicely surprised and would recommend them highly, my point is you do not have to go Premium tyres to still enjoy the driving and be safe.

Vlad

Hi ,there are many opinions on tyres !!!  I ran an IS 200 for 5 years, tried a few makes but I found Uniroyal Rainsport  suited the car and where the best all rounders for me ,they are available at a reasonable price 

Dave

Hi Vlad and Dave, 

Thank you very much for your help and replies which has made me think do i really need top price tyres for what my car is used for, was 

quoted £123.99 from Kwikfit per tyre for Bridestone Potanza which i have at present, im sure that price can be bettered via internet etc.

I rang a local garage to me and he recommended Black Circles .com which he said is hard to better for price and i have opted for

Kumho Ecsta P571 £137.98 for 2 tyres fitted valves etc, seen plenty of reviews all good so hope i made right choice.

Thanks again, 

Jeff.

• Like 1

Hi Jeff ,{'m sure you will be fine with the kumho PS71   I have been a fan of kumho on my MX5's for years. These are the latest sport tyres from kumho and have been recommended by my local  tyre fitter ; I will puchase these next time round on the Lexus ..Black circles are very competitive ,I have used them also but my local man will match their prices

Dave

I think Blackcircles.com is tied into Tesco (or is Tesco in disguise) so the prices are always going to be good. I got my Prius tyres from them at a great price, can’t remember the make now but they were £30 to £40 a tyre cheaper than dealer prices

17 minutes ago, LexusIS300h said:

I think Blackcircles.com is tied into Tesco (or is Tesco in disguise) so the prices are always going to be good. I got my Prius tyres from them at a great price, can’t remember the make now but they were £30 to £40 a tyre cheaper than dealer prices

Michelin bought black circles in 2015.