Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Booked into garage my GS tomorrow to check the drivers seat, it just doesn't feel right to me, it's not flat, may be foam has been distorted or may be I am making this up and it is in my head!

However, when I was in Lexus garage last time I sat in F-sport GS and the seat base was very flat and more equally supporting my bottom and mine doesn't do it!

Plus I asked them to check the heating element as it is feels like it heating up in patches, for example my thighs do not feel warm at all! 

The bas news is that the guy from Service Department said if it is foam in the seat base that causes rough uneven seat then it won't be covered  by my warranty but if the problem with heating element it should be covered by warranty, fingers crossed it falls under warranty!

Did anyone had issues with their seats? I recall someone mentioned that their seat was fully changed under warranty but can't recall who said it and under what circumstances it had been done.

Thanks everyone.

Vlad

I had the seat frame on my old IS changed under warranty because one of the springs was 'popping'.  Unfortunately, the foam and seat covers were reused, so that is not very helpful for your situation.

I am surprised the foam wouldn't be covered under warranty if it has been damaged as opposed to just worn out, but I suppose I can see why the warranty company may be reluctant to replace it.

Good luck, I hope it goes well tomorrow. :thumbs_up: 

Thanks Shahpor, I am dropping of the car after work today so they can work on it tomorrow, will see, something tells me I am the one to pay this one. Well, as long as it's fixed and doesn't bother me!

I checked passenger seat this morning to see how it compares with the driver seat and it is definitely firmer at the bum point, I even took one of my colleague to check that and he agreed that there is something wrong with the driver seat, feels more soggy.

Never had this problems in any of the cars and to have it on the Lexus with 35k miles on it, strange!

There is a chap on here who has a LS600h and his drivers seat heaters was intermittently switching off - Lexus replaced the seat base including the leather - however later on it turned out to be a relay 🤣 - so he ended up with a new base all done under warranty - I believe his is a 09 plate car.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

There is a chap on here who has a LS600h and his drivers seat heaters was intermittently switching off - Lexus replaced the seat base including the leather - however later on it turned out to be a relay 🤣 - so he ended up with a new base all done under warranty - I believe his is a 09 plate car.

Hi Mark, I hope this will be the case! No idea how much it will cost otherwise - something I would like to avoid before Christmas!

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Hi Mark, I hope this will be the case! No idea how much it will cost otherwise - something I would like to avoid before Christmas!

Ask them to show you the text in the Warranty which excludes seat deformation Vlad. If you have only covered 35,000 miles, then the seat could not have been fit for purpose !

My seat in my Merc has covered 230,000 miles and it is perfecto !!

• Like 1

Picked the car up today from Lexus, nothing they could find that is broken, just typical foam tear and wear, seat heating is working as they expect it to work so nothing wrong with the seat but they agreed that it is not the same as passenger side and should not be the way it is but nothing they can do so I paid £91.20 for investigation and left the garage with no solution to my problem! Not happy! Grrr!

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Picked the car up today from Lexus, nothing they could find that is broken, just typical foam tear and wear, seat heating is working as they expect it to work so nothing wrong with the seat but they agreed that it is not the same as passenger side and should not be the way it is but nothing they can do so I paid £91.20 for investigation and left the garage with no solution to my problem! Not happy! Grrr!

Which Lexus Dealership VLAD?

THEY HAVE SOLD YOU "A BUM STEER" 

35,000 miles cannot equate to "wear and tear"

Let`s see what others think!

I would agree with dealership.

Car got 5 years and 35k miles. You don’t know who was the previous owner and how he/she was using the car.

maybe it was heavier person who was driving mainly in traffic - hence low miles but long time on the seat. 

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Which Lexus Dealership VLAD?

THEY HAVE SOLD YOU "A BUM STEER" 

35,000 miles cannot equate to "wear and tear"

Let`s see what others think!

Lexus Glasgow but I bought the car not from the Lexus dealer.

6 hours ago, Hangie said:

I would agree with dealership.

Car got 5 years and 35k miles. You don’t know who was the previous owner and how he/she was using the car.

maybe it was heavier person who was driving mainly in traffic - hence low miles but long time on the seat. 

That is exactly what the guy at the Service Desk said, but, if it is the case they should have more complaints and solution to this, I am sure other car seats can take extra heavy people and be fine!

5 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Be that as it may, why can't they do anything about the seat heating?  If they agree that it shouldn't be that way then surely something is wrong?

I do not know how they checked the heating but according to them it is working as it should. 

According to them everything is fine apart from little deformation of the foam which deformed within tolerances. 

A Cushion it is! lol! 

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

That is exactly what the guy at the Service Desk said, but, if it is the case they should have more complaints and solution to this, I am sure other car seats can take extra heavy people and be fine!

When was the last time you have seen really heavy person in brand new £k55 car and more especially Lexus GS ? 😉 Maybe you should check on US forums as GS market is way bigger then.

This car is so uncommon that’s yours can really be the only one or part of few, where no one else complained.

seats on premier grade are really complex what probably mean more delicate.

if I were you I would just take it out and give it to some pro car seat renovation company. 2-3 hundreds £ should solve it.

22 hours ago, Hangie said:

When was the last time you have seen really heavy person in brand new £k55 car and more especially Lexus GS ? 😉 Maybe you should check on US forums as GS market is way bigger then.

This car is so uncommon that’s yours can really be the only one or part of few, where no one else complained.

seats on premier grade are really complex what probably mean more delicate.

if I were you I would just take it out and give it to some pro car seat renovation company. 2-3 hundreds £ should solve it.

You have a point! I can't remember when I saw another GS last time! lol

I never thought about seat renovation company but it is a good advice, thanks @Hangie

On 11/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, Hangie said:

And so are the bums!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update, over the last weekend I left my car with the guy who does car interior refurb, just found the guy online. he had a go tried to adjust things and add a bit more foam to a seat base, it is better now but nothing as good as it should be, I can still feel it's not right.

That'e me almost £200 down and the issue is still kind of there, I am sure the guy did the best he could but it is not perfect. No idea what to do now.

This issue and skipping front tires at very slow speed really kill all the enjoyment from the car!

Sorry to hear this Vlad.

I too suffer from the skipping tyres, but I had the same on my old IS220d so I am pretty much used to it now.  Some people are claiming that different tyres might help, so perhaps try another brand when it comes time to replace them?  I have tried both Dunlop SP Sport's and Michelin Primacy's and both skipped, so maybe a different one.

I know this might be a long shot, but is there another dealer you could try?

8 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Sorry to hear this Vlad.

I too suffer from the skipping tyres, but I had the same on my old IS220d so I am pretty much used to it now.  Some people are claiming that different tyres might help, so perhaps try another brand when it comes time to replace them?  I have tried both Dunlop SP Sport's and Michelin Primacy's and both skipped, so maybe a different one.

I know this might be a long shot, but is there another dealer you could try?

There is a dealer in Edinburgh but I am positive they won't find anything! With extra adding padding to a seat base and some adjustments I think I got it more or less comfy and it does not feel THAT saggy any more, still not perfect though.May be a cushion is the best option at the end of the day! lol!

I saw in LIDL heated seat cover last night, just £12.99, hmmm! :)

19 hours ago, Hangie said:

If you want to get rid of tyre skipping in low temperature just buy winter tyres which are softer/more flexible in low temps.

I probably would have to! Not sure it will cure the problem completely though.

3 hours ago, Malachy said:

What is tyre skipping?

At very slow speeds when the wheel at half to full lock you get this, like understering effect - you turn right but the car still goes almost straight!

I was talking to a friend of mine who thinks that I have this because the front of the car considerably light and the back with the Battery is heavy, so when it's dump cold, dusty etc the front wheels just do not have enough pressure on them to resist rear wheels pushing forward.

• Thanks 1