Got myself one of these (Car Seat Cushion, Car Seat Pad with PU Leather Bamboo Charcoal Car Seat Protector for Child and Baby Cars Seats (1-Pack, Black), it's actually comfy and it is much warmer than a seats leather but I am not sure what I will be doing during summer as I like cooled seats so this cushion will have to go and I will stay with uncomfy seat! Real shame I have this issue, on a longer run it might start annoying me a lot! Grrr.

1 hour ago, geoffreyb said:

Hi all, thankyou all for the positive comments,I went round to the tyre fitters this morning, he checked tyres,they do need replacing, also checked wheels, they are not so good either,chipped and one of them has a piece broken off on the inside rim he also found that two others had dents on the rims, so i am going to replace wheels and tyres,on the plus side he will do his best to re-furb them f o c so I should be able to sell them on

I'm sure you notice a big improvement by putting a decent set of tyres on. I certainly did. 

Les, perhaps that comment was meant to go here?  :smile:

Re. the tyre skipping, when I turn out of my drive at low speed (nearly on lock) I can feel one of the tyres slip/skip (I assume the outer side) in my GS-250.

No Battery weight in the back. I did wonder if the tyres were getting past it, they are a good brand (Continental I think), but probably 50-75% worn and may have gone a bit hard, especially in this colder weather.

A quick Google reveals issues with Mercedes and Jaguar too.  Also an issue on the Lexus IS, from another forum:

"I had the same problem and when i mentioned it to the dealer at its last service he explained the same reason - the front wheels tilt when on full lock and it is the tyre struggling to grip at that angle. nothing to worry about and not dangerous, they all do that. "

4 hours ago, DaveWebDesigner said:

Re. the tyre skipping, when I turn out of my drive at low speed (nearly on lock) I can feel one of the tyres slip/skip (I assume the outer side) in my GS-250.

No Battery weight in the back. I did wonder if the tyres were getting past it, they are a good brand (Continental I think), but probably 50-75% worn and may have gone a bit hard, especially in this colder weather.

A quick Google reveals issues with Mercedes and Jaguar too.  Also an issue on the Lexus IS, from another forum:

"I had the same problem and when i mentioned it to the dealer at its last service he explained the same reason - the front wheels tilt when on full lock and it is the tyre struggling to grip at that angle. nothing to worry about and not dangerous, they all do that. "

Hi Dave, I have heard this about the Mercedes and someone here mentioned Jaguar as well. Well, I never experienced this before in any car to this extent, I think Lexus does it way to much but not much I can do about it apart from changing front tyres but they are not at that stage to be changed, so I will use less full lock.

I just wonder how GSF copes with this as it is supposed to be a sport sedan?

On 11/13/2018 at 8:37 AM, cruisermark said:

There is a chap on here who has a LS600h and his drivers seat heaters was intermittently switching off - Lexus replaced the seat base including the leather - however later on it turned out to be a relay 🤣 - so he ended up with a new base all done under warranty - I believe his is a 09 plate car.

Was i..... and cost of leather seat base with intrigated heater element would of been £1350 plus vat had it not of been covered by extended warranty i had...on the LS600hL. And most likely other LSs and other models the leather and heater element are intrigated together and aren’t separate hence the price,,,, and indeed ended up being a £10-20 relay that was at fault

• Thanks 1

so @mr2lad extended warranty do cover seats issue, well I guess if yours was heating element or something didn't work it is different to mine as Lexus says tear and wear! Pisses me off!