Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm and de-activating motion sensors?

Hello Lexi folk,

I have a question about the factory alarm fitted to my IS250 se-l auto I want to leave my dog in while I pop into a shop etc but she sets the alarm off and I have to leave the car unlocked is there a method of disabling the alarm internal sensors so I can lock the car and leave the pooch in the car.?

TIA.

To the right of the steering column (where it enters the dash area .... if you will) there is a button. Often referred to as the Satellite switch I believe. It is a button that says On and Off and has a central domed button and a left and right tab. This button allows access to certain different menus when the engine is On or Off.

This is where you turn off the Internal Motion sensor. You can only do this when the engine is turned off. You have to reset this every time you want to turn it off. It defaults back to On each time the engine is started.

This is handy button to know about also for Cross Channel ferries etc. By turning the motion sensor OFF you can stop the car alarm being tripped off by the swing ticket hanging on the rear view mirror.

Hope that helps.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Hi Normski - I know this is an old thread but just wanted to post you a big "THANK YOU" - I've been trying to work out how to disable the interior sensors for ages (well, since we got our new Greyhound, anyway... ).  The instructions in the user manual don't make sense; they don't make it clear that the "interior sensors" option only appears when the ignition is off.  Nice one - cheers 🙂

• 3 years later...
On 11/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, NemesisUK said:

Yes there will be a button to disable the interior sensors, usually in the overhead console.

In USA, 2016 Lexus RX 450h…looking for specific instructions to temporarily turn off the interior motion sensor. Advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 hours ago, MaineMacMan said:

In USA, 2016 Lexus RX 450h…looking for specific instructions to temporarily turn off the interior motion sensor. Advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

It's in your handbook, don't have one? Download it from the Lexus website.

From my handbook, which I imagine will be similar to the US version..

image.thumb.png.50b1309c070e01ea4c41e0131600726e.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links