Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Customer Service

My car is booked in for a service today with Lexus Birmingham. A lady from the service centre rang me up the day before to do the usual courtesy call sort of stuff. Just before the call ended she said, just to ensure your comfort with the loan car do you have a preference as to which radio station you wanted it tuned to? I laughed out loud which probably wasn't the response she was looking for. I assured her that I had no preference.

So, the question I am asking, is it just me or is that taking customer service a bit too far?

I was thinking of ringing her back and saying actually, I'm 5"8' but you guys always set the seat in a position for a 6"9' basketball player. Can you do anything about that?

By the way, I mentioned this to a Mercedes owner and an Audi owner. They were well impressed. Any thoughts?

• Haha 1

I must admit that the most annoying thing about taking your car for a service is that they move the seat!

You might think that this is solved by having seat memories but... I took my Range Rover in for service a while back and, on return, all the memories were reset for the 7ft gorilla. Great huh!

I’m with you on the seat alteration. 

I don’t have memory seats so got in my car after having two new tyres fitted. 

Didn’t think much about it because the seat was not too far out of kilter but several miles down the road my leg went to sleep.

The mechanic had raised the seat which obviously pressed on a nerve in my leg. I could hardly walk when I got out of the car. :lol:

I've no real complaints about Lexus customer service. What irritates me is when mechanics - and this has happened with Lexus - seem not to treat my car with real care. For example, scuffs on the plastics on the door and door sills shows (to me) that not enough care was taken and that they were probably rushing. A few weeks ago, they left finger marks on the boot lid where they'd shut it...but there's a handle specifically there to avoid that!

It isn't something enough to complain about, but if the customer service - or perhaps customer care - really was 'exceptional' then it wouldn't happen imho. 

That's a good point Ed. I noticed that after my car came back from the service there was an oily mark on the interior door handle. I hadn't noticed it straight away as i had only used the car in the dark. They had already rang me to ask if I was happy with their "exceptional" service and, of course, I had said yes. It seemed a bit petty to ring back and say actually I'm not as happy as I thought I was. I didn't bother doing the online survey that they asked me to do.

So, has anyone else been asked whether you have a preference as to which radio station you wanted it tuned to in the loan car?

Actually, this reminds me that, the last time my car was serviced, someone must have eaten a doughnut or similar while sat in the car. I certainly was not happy because sugar was stuck in the wholes of the perforated leather and it took me ages to clean it up! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DanD said:

Actually, this reminds me that, the last time my car was serviced, someone must have eaten a doughnut or similar while sat in the car. I certainly was not happy because sugar was stuck in the wholes of the perforated leather and it took me ages to clean it up! 

We'll take your word for it that it was sugar then. 😁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links