Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

And I thought F servicing was quite expensive

Just got the 911 back from its service- this was the major one, car has 40k on the clock and is coming up 8 years old at the end of the year. Bit of a cheat as the final bill includes some warranty and new front discs and pads. Porsche certainly know how to string out the list of service items though and somewhat tied into all that if you want the warranty - I went into ownership with my eyes firmly open- still they did water a bit when I saw the bill. Biggest disappointment was that there weren’t even any mints in the glovebox!

image.jpg

• Sad 4

Good spot !  Wonder if anything above the bottom line could be vat exempt ?
I did wonder but can't think of anything car service related that might not be.

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Twellsie said:

is that ceramic brakes?

I very much doubt it, my Porsche had ceramic brakes (very good) and they were about £4K each and had to be replaced in pairs. Although normal road use gave them a lifespan in excess of 90K miles.

The V12 twin turbo AMG I owned before the RCF was due it's C service next year, plugs etc and that was going to be just short of £3K.

Makes the RCF as cheap as chips to service.

There were no ceramics involved, just regular front discs and pads - an extra £1060 which bumped up the price, looking at the paperwork their min acceptable disc thickness is 32mm and mine were 31.8mm. Also exhaust heatshields replaced as apparently corroded and insecure £500 and also due a 6 year PDK oil change £400, then of course the 111 point check for the warranty £180 plus the warranty itself - £1840 so it soon adds up. Car was in for almost 3 weeks - no big issue as I was away for part of that. They did leave me a nice courtesy car though - Mini Clubman diesel!

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on your definition of servicing - any service generally looks cheap in comparison to overall bill if ‘consumables’ also need replacing. I anticipate that the next one in two years time will be significantly cheaper - perhaps just a few hundred pounds. That said if you want the warranty you have to have the car serviced by dealer and all items must be Porsche OEM and if you want the warranty renewing you have to have the 111 point check done each time and they replace and pay for any warrantable items whilst you pay for anything else they say needs replacing to qualify for the warranty. For £1800 you get two years warranty - think it’s around £1050 for one year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links