Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Programming used LS430 2001 keys

Hello.

I've picked up two (presumably used) keys from eBay both working at a low price from the same seller.

The keys apparently were 2001, and look the same.

My car is 2001 LS430, UCF30R-AEAGKW; Europe, Right hand drive, 3UZFE, 5 speed automatic, and apparently Ultraluxury edition (but without parking sensors).

Is there a way to program these to start the car and function identical or similar to the only master key I have?

Picture attached. Left to right; Purchased key 1, Purchased key 2, Functioning master key.

image.png.6dc13ceabb576ec47d94832be6377894.png

There are two options to do it.

Either take it to a dealer and get them to programme it (if (big if) they will programme a used part)

OR obtain the Toyota software and do it yourself - i've never tried this but seen videos of it being done.

Hope this helps

Just now, cruisermark said:

There are two options to do it.

Either take it to a dealer and get them to programme it (if (big if) they will programme a used part)

OR obtain the Toyota software and do it yourself - i've never tried this but seen videos of it being done.

Hope this helps

Dealership charges £75 per key up front.

A friend of mine in the parts department said used/already programmed keys are junk scrap and useless; they wouldn't be able to program it.

I don't know how true that is, since I have seen posts talking about resetting keys and I have read about the procedure to add a key to a car (ON OFF 5 times, door 6 times, ect).

What kind of software am I looking at if I did it myself?

1 minute ago, 0-0-0 said:

Dealership charges £75 per key up front. - Correct 

A friend of mine in the parts department said used/already programmed keys are junk scrap and useless; they wouldn't be able to program it.

I don't know how true that is, since I have seen posts talking about resetting keys and I have read about the procedure to add a key to a car (ON OFF 5 times, door 6 times, ect). This procedure applies to the LS400 OR It may program the buttons to operate the LS430 but certainly not the smart unlock and start.

What kind of software am I looking at if I did it myself? Toyota use software called techstream.

Are these keys "junk" as my friend in the Lexus parts department claims?

Will I need to pay someone to reset these keys if I want to use TechStream/Dealership to add these to a car?

Try these 

I had my BM keys done by this outfit a couple of years ago. Worth a try. Quick turn around and not too expensive with an instruction sheet attached to go through the faff of the car and keys recognizing each other.

IMG_6589.thumb.JPG.83e6dc8d47a719bcca74c0688b2317e0.JPG

2 hours ago, 39buss said:

Try these 

I had my BM keys done by this outfit a couple of years ago. Worth a try. Quick turn around and not too expensive with an instruction sheet attached to go through the faff of the car and keys recognizing each other.

Is this guy able to clear and reset keys? I'll make contact.

They said they don't do Lexus key resets sadly.

Have you had successes adding keys to your car?

Edited by 0-0-0
made a phone call

Have you tried ac-auto-locksmiths on eBay as they offer an unlocking service - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-SMART-KEY-UNLOCKING-SERVICE/121908977682?hash=item1c62576012:g:4V0AAOSwQYZW05ML:rk:6:pf:0

I'm tempted to order a couple myself as a side project for a rainy day - supposedly you just reset a couple of values in a couple of NAND pages on the chip and that's it the key is fresh again.

Once the relevant value has been reset you should be able to get it reprogrammed into the car via Techstream, IT2 etc or one of the OBD machines available.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links