Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fantastic.. at last, a 460 !

I’ve seen stories on this forum where people are so scared to death of the reliability of more modern LSs , that they never trade in their ancient 400s or or 430s.

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, ISJason said:

Fantastic.. at last, a 460 !

I’ve seen stories on this forum where people are so scared to death of the reliability of more modern LSs , that they never trade in their ancient 400s or or 430s.

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

true 

Welcome to the wonderful world of the 460!

I've had mine for 6 years now and it has been completely reliable...…...just like my 400 was.  Mine has 142,000km (88,000miles) on it and passed the Dutch version of the MOT the other day.  I am very aware of the reported problems on the 460 and ask my garage (the local Lexus dealership) to pay particular attention to the air suspension and the steering links. They told me that there are no problems at all. BTW, the reason I use the dealership is because a) they know the car and b) they don't charge the exorbitant prices you guys have to pay in the UK.

Mind you, I don't have to drive on the bloody awful roads that you have to suffer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to the wonderful world of the 460!
I've had mine for 6 years now and it has been completely reliable...…...just like my 400 was.  Mine has 142,000km (88,000miles) on it and passed the Dutch version of the MOT the other day.  I am very aware of the reported problems on the 460 and ask my garage (the local Lexus dealership) to pay particular attention to the air suspension and the steering links. They told me that there are no problems at all. BTW, the reason I use the dealership is because a) they know the car and b) they don't charge the exorbitant prices you guys have to pay in the UK.
Mind you, I don't have to drive on the bloody awful roads that you have to suffer.

What major issues are there with the LS460. I have my eye on one? I heard the engines and gearboxes are bomb proof.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Time for an update. I got mine about 3 weeks ago. Two new rear tires,  new Battery,  a horrible rattling sound sorted by Miles at SandBach. After a lot of investigation. Turned out to be front brake calliper. Pins missing.  Both sides. Safe but very irritating rattle. A full service. A full check over everything. And good as new. I loved my previous 2 , 400s. But this one is out of this world. Highly recommended. Tom

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angel123 said:

Time for an update. I got mine about 3 weeks ago. Two new rear tires,  new battery,  a horrible rattling sound sorted by Miles at SandBach. After a lot of investigation. Turned out to be front brake calliper. Pins missing.  Both sides. Safe but very irritating rattle. A full service. A full check over everything. And good as new. I loved my previous 2 , 400s. But this one is out of this world. Highly recommended. Tom

A wonderful looking car Tom.Who is Miles of Sandbach ?

He is an independent dealer who loves the LS. And knows all there is to know about them. Johnathan on here introduced me to him. People come from far and wide to see him. He is very reasonable with prices as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angel123 said:

He is an independent dealer who loves the LS. And knows all there is to know about them. Johnathan on here introduced me to him. People come from far and wide to see him. He is very reasonable with prices as well. 

Thanks.Nice to know.Do you have his address/telephone number/website, to pass on please?

Yes, I'm very happy to recommend Miles to you all. He has looked after all my cars over the last17 years. He loves Japanese cars too. He looked after my previous car, the Honda Accord 3.0 V6, and if I didn't have the full warranty with Lexus for the LS600 he'd be looking after that too. As others have said, he is completely trustworthy and will always try and find the most economical way to fix things. He is also good at coming up with innovative solutions to any problems that come up with older cars. If anyone is coming over, do let me know as I live just around the corner. Always happy to chat about things Lexus (and watches!). I'll put the kettle on.

• Like 5