Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Service Kit Prices

I need to do the spark plugs on my car as its approaching 90K miles and never been done.

I have been offered a service kit from Lexus Birmingham to include: "service kit including oil filter, air filter  and pollen filters as well as spark plugs and intake gaskets for £164.75 inc VAT.

Does this sound like good value? I'm assuming iridium plugs but will check.

• Like 1

I need to do the spark plugs on my car as its approaching 90K miles and never been done.

I have been offered a service kit from Lexus Birmingham to include: "service kit including oil filter, air filter  and pollen filters as well as spark plugs and intake gaskets for £164.75 inc VAT.

Does this sound like good value? I'm assuming iridium plugs but will check.

I used to buy the service kit from my local dealer. But this time I bought air, oil and pollen filters from ECP. All made by Bosch for under £30. Bought 6 spark plugs for a total of £42 from driven2 automotive on eBay. Had them fitted last year with no problem. Got the gaskets from a Lexus dealer in America. My friend lives there so he just sent them to me. I think they cost about $12. Not sure how much they are here. I can’t tell no difference using these filters compared to genuine.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, kellogsj said:

I used to buy the service kit from my local dealer. But this time I bought air, oil and pollen filters from ECP. All made by Bosch for under £30. Bought 6 spark plugs for a total of £42 from driven2 automotive on eBay. Had them fitted last year with no problem. Got the gaskets from a Lexus dealer in America. My friend lives there so he just sent them to me. I think they cost about $12. Not sure how much they are here. I can’t tell no difference using these filters compared to genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a good price Gaskets circa £20.00 Oil & filters roughly £50.00 spark plugs plus vat. 

The plugs which Lexus Birmingham supply are the original Lexus spec which are FK20HR11 at £79.99 for 6. The current Denso recommendation for IS250 is IKBH20TT - a newer product which cost about £50 a set from numerous sources. Both are iridium plugs.

The IKBH20TT are fine - I fitted them a few months ago and I can't tell the difference between the originals and these. They are now the plugs recommended by Denso.

Both specs are exclusive to a few Lexus models - they are not recommended for any other vehicles and there are no equivalent plugs made by other plug manufacturers.

• Like 1

I for one will never put any plugs other than the OEM (Denso) and only sourced from a highly reputable seller ( namely Lexus ).

The thought of saving £20,£40 or even more by putting any other sourced plugs into the heart of my V6 makes me shudder when there are so many 'fake' branded plugs out there, the idea of a plug letting an Earth electrode come away scares me. Besides you will prob only change the plugs once.

paul m.

Correction to my post above - the original plugs are Denso FK20HBR11 not FK20HR11.

This is the entry in the Denso catalogue for IS250 spark plugs. Although it says for 05 to 13, the same spec is given for 2013 (Mk 3 IS250) onwards.

The TT plugs are a newer design, currently the Denso flagship range. Each to his own.

Spark Plugs

kW Engine Codes Notes Application years Part number TT iridium LPG/CNG Qty of Fit
153 4GR-FSE   08/05-03/13 FK20HBR11 IKBH20TT IKBH20TT

I usually buy my stuff from eurocarparts.co.uk.  They are having a black friday sale at them moment and prices are good for service parts.  i did my service recently and top notch oil with all the filters cost me 75 bucks.  Good prices.

51 minutes ago, lexusis220 said:

I usually buy my stuff from eurocarparts.co.uk.  They are having a black friday sale at them moment and prices are good for service parts.  i did my service recently and top notch oil with all the filters cost me 75 bucks.  Good prices.

£75!  Aaahhhh Diesel you have.... Gonna cost about that just for the Plugs on a Petrol!!!

paul m.

22 minutes ago, johnatg said:

A small price to pay compared with DPF problems, EGR cleaning, fuel filter, extra congestion charges, being banned from some cities etc etc ! 🙂

agreed.  Wish id known about those issues, would have steered clear.  But...its ok

1 hour ago, lexusis220 said:

have a look on their website.  is 50% off right now.

50% Off...Whoopy Doo.... With a list price of £29.49 I'd want more than 50% off....  £29.49 X 6 = £176.94 - 50% = £88.47. And these can be got from LexusBirm for £79.99 every day...

As posted by 'Which' in today's press concerning 'Black Friday' deals, some 'so called' deals are in fact not what they seem, 50%+ off of an inflated price is not really a bargain to the consumer. John Lewis have in fact sold some so called deals cheaper many times in the last 6 months!

Be careful out there bargain hunting.

paul m.

So.....just been on ECP site and using their "BLACK FRIDAY" discount code ( biggest ever sale , in their words) brings the price of 6 plugs down to £115.01... Maze in, I'd better checkout soon!!!!

image.png

I just got 6 plugs delivered from Rockauto for £58 + £10 shipping, no duty charge or silly UK delivery on top either.

Shipping covered the plugs, boot rams and a several oil filters.

UK retailers are having a laugh.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links