Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New tyres fitted

Had 4 Goodyear eagle F1 fitted to the IS. It was still on original Bridgestones from factory 

Have to say they've completely transformed the car. Dead quiet, no more road noise associated with tyres and the ride is much improved.

Well worth it. Not to mention they stick round the corners like glue as well. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, matt8 said:

Great. £106.50 a tyre, fitted then. Seems very fair?

And peace of mind with sensors being dealt with properly too.

Think the fronts were about £80 and the rears £120 from memory but blackcircles had £25 off if buying 4 tyres. 

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

Had 4 Goodyear eagle F1 fitted to the IS. It was still on original Bridgestones from factory 

Have to say they've completely transformed the car. Dead quiet, no more road noise associated with tyres and the ride is much improved.

I like the Eagle F1, are they really noticeably quieter? Given that they’re quite a square profile rather than tapered I assumed they probably wouldn’t suit the 300h, but would definitely use them as my next tyre if they work well and are nice & quiet. 

1 minute ago, Pink said:

I like the Eagle F1, are they really noticeably quieter? Given that they’re quite a square profile rather than tapered I assumed they probably wouldn’t suit the 300h, but would definitely use them as my next tyre if they work well and are nice & quiet. 

They're deadly quiet compared to the Bridgestones that came off. They used to roar. These barely make a sound and should have been what the IS300h came out of the factory like.

The ride is also much better. They soak up the bumps due to the softer sidewalls despite being XL rated

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

They're deadly quiet compared to the Bridgestones that came off. They used to roar. These barely make a sound and should have been what the IS300h came out of the factory like.

The ride is also much better. They soak up the bumps due to the softer sidewalls despite being XL rated

It is very difficult to compare new tires to old and worn ones! Sure they are more quiet and feel better. Maybe they really are better than few years old Bridgestone tires but the biggest difference is because you compare new  tires to old ones.

Uti

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

i agree lexus should put some nice quiet tyres on their cars

it seems barmy having built a quiet car they then fit noisy tyres.

3 hours ago, Uti said:

It is very difficult to compare new tires to old and worn ones! Sure they are more quiet and feel better. Maybe they really are better than few years old Bridgestone tires but the biggest difference is because you compare new  tires to old ones.

Uti

Difficult when you haven't driven new cars on new tyres but remember that I have even driven the facelifted IS300h with less than 3k miles on the clock with original bridgestones on and ours is now much quieter than even those!

Its nearly as quiet as my RX now 🙂

And it actually rides better 😮 

On 11/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, rayaans said:

I had them on a BMW Z3 2.8 some years ago. Great grip but wore quite quickly  or was it the way it got driven? 😊

20 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

I had them on a BMW Z3 2.8 some years ago. Great grip but wore quite quickly  or was it the way it got driven? 😊

I suspect they might have been early versions? 

To clarify these are the F1 Asymmetric 3s. Will see how they wear but even if they last 2-3 years I'll be happy

On 11/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, rayaans said:

Exactly what I want to do buddy.. However these OEM Bridgestones are like Termintor tyres.. They never wear! lol I've used the asymmetric range for all of my cars and cannot wait to the 3's on the IS.

12 hours ago, rayaans said:

I suspect they might have been early versions? 

To clarify these are the F1 Asymmetric 3s. Will see how they wear but even if they last 2-3 years I'll be happy

How are they in the wet?

Do you put winter tyres on or will these be used throughout the year, all seasons?

6 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

Exactly what I want to do buddy.. However these OEM Bridgestones are like Termintor tyres.. They never wear! lol I've used the asymmetric range for all of my cars and cannot wait to the 3's on the IS.

Yes they are, ours have been on since new so over 5 years and just needed changing now. They still werent down to illegal. They were on 3mm but were starting to skip. Hard as nails

5 hours ago, matt8 said:

How are they in the wet?

Do you put winter tyres on or will these be used throughout the year, all seasons?

Seem ok so far on greasy roads but not had any real rain. They're A rated for wet grip and the reviews are very favourable so I dont imagine they'll be bad. Ive always been impressed with Goodyear tyres in the wet

They'll be used all year round. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just had my rears replaced with Goodyear’s Eagles F1 3. In the front I’ve got Michelin sport 4 (2 months old) but couldn’t find anyone selling them for the rears, so opted for the Goodyear’s as I had a nail in one of them and needed them ASAP. Even the lexus guy said he couldn’t get hold of the Michelin’s.

Lexus price matched to the cheapest fitted I could find. Also they called me up to say that one of the rear TPS had broken and would repair this under warranty. Brilliant serivce. Got the car back all washed and hoovered. This is the second time I’ve used them for tyres and both times impressed with the service and price. 

• 3 months later...

The first time I needed to replace the tyres on my IS, I went for Dunlop Sport Maxx.

I hated them!

In cold weather (below about 7C) they skipped and juddered, especially when I was reversing and turning, even gently, well away from full lock. I considered winter tyres but here in the south west there are probably only 2 days in a typical year when full winter tyres would be really useful. So, when I needed to change them a few months ago, before winter set in, I decided to try Michelin Crossclimates. They were SO much better. As it stands I'll be sticking to them in future unless I find they degrade too quickly, but so far there doesn't seem to be any signs that they might.

• Like 3

Been running these for a while. They're still quiet and they really do hold the road well wet or dry.

They no longer lose traction when flooring it on a roundabout or anything like that compared to the old Bridgestones. A fantastic tyre - well worth it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, matt8 said:

Do they have rim protection, @rayaans?

Yes they do but not hugely prominent. They won't stop your kerbing the wheels when they're parallel to the kerb. But you can mount kerbs at an angle no problem at all

• Like 1

Hi just to add my experience to this post , I have the asymmetric 3 fitted to my IS250C and agree with the comments on grip and quiet running especially compared with the Dunlops that were fitted before, The only surprise Have is after 14000 miles the rears are down to 3 m/m and I will soon have to change them ,the fronts will last a little longer as they are at 5 m/m .This is a fast wearing tyre in my opinion which is the trade off I suppose for the good grip .As a pensioner I think I am a steady driver😎 and the wheel alignment is O K .I mostly use the car for long journeys so do you think this is reasonable ?

Dave

3 hours ago, true blue said:

Hi just to add my experience to this post , I have the asymmetric 3 fitted to my IS250C and agree with the comments on grip and quiet running especially compared with the Dunlops that were fitted before, The only surprise Have is after 14000 miles the rears are down to 3 m/m and I will soon have to change them ,the fronts will last a little longer as they are at 5 m/m .This is a fast wearing tyre in my opinion which is the trade off I suppose for the good grip .As a pensioner I think I am a steady driver😎 and the wheel alignment is O K .I mostly use the car for long journeys so do you think this is reasonable ?

Dave

Yes the wear doesn't surprise me one bit. Ive been told they are fairly quick at wearing unless doing motorway miles exclusively. 

However, for the trade off in grip, I don't mind. For reference, I changed over the OEM bridgestones on my wifes IS300h at 16k miles. They were down to 2mm rear and 3mm front