Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 early '93

Why didn't Lexus add lighting to the upper Air vent control wheels?  Or did they? 

At night when you are concentrating on the road and oncoming headlights, to have to feel your way blindly to the vent controls is a pain.

Not sure why they put a condom over the Hazard warning bulb either.  So dim its barely visible.

Just small things but Merc had lights on their Wheels or centre part from memory.

• Like 1

Generally speaking once set why would one need to change the vents?

Not all Mercs had illuminated vent wheels, even in the same model range, some did some didn't. Bit like to non-illuminated lighting switch..

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Generally speaking once set why would one need to change the vents?

Not all Mercs had illuminated vent wheels, even in the same model range, some did some didn't. Bit like to non-illuminated lighting switch..

None of my three C class (W202 ) Mercs had illuminated light switches, but my (W210) E class has.

In Stuart`s case I  suppose that Lexus is still " in pursuit of perfection?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I do like to change the vents both as to position and intesity and often the passenger asks for variation.

I have just rememebred that I have a USB short flexible stem computer light but I don't see why I have to have something plugged into the Cigar socket and waving about in the car just so I can see controls which should be lit.  

Daresay later model Cars have better.

PS sure the S Class did if not all Mercs. Just seems sensible.for night driving.

5 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Personally I do like to change the vents both as to position and intesity and often the passenger asks for variation.

I have just rememebred that I have a USB short flexible stem computer light but I don't see why I have to have something plugged into the Cigar socket and waving about in the car just so I can see controls which should be lit.  

PS sure the S Class did if not all Mercs. Just seems sensible.for night driving.

I can't remember if mine light up but they do oscillate to distribute air evenly, the two centre ones that is.  I'll have to go out now to check!

2 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

There didn't seem any logic to it. My C class with Thermatic didn't but the same model with Thermotronic climate control did but not all cars. We never discovered why..

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I can't remember if mine light up but they do oscillate to distribute air evenly, the two centre ones that is.  I'll have to go out now to check!

Been out in mine and they don't light up, piece of junk!  Although it does have a light around the rear view mirror area that just gives a faint, almost orange glow to gently light up the cabin which I like, so its never completely dark.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I don't see why I have to have something plugged into the Cigar socket

but surely all Lexus owners NEED the socket to light their Cigars  :rolleyes: ............  or am I missing something here  ??  :yahoo:

Malc

• Haha 1

At the risk of of boring everyone with my life story, I have until a year ago been fortunate enough to infrequently enjoy the pleasure of a Joya de Nicaragua Cigar being Churchill size and bought by my Son at Nicaragua Airport Nos. 25 for $46.00.  Sadly the Airport Shop has closed and so I can only now enjoy a half Corona (Calvano) Cigar, also Nicaraguan, at double the price bought in France in fives. Price of such Cigars in the UK make my hair curl.

Never have smoked in a Car as prefer to enjoy a Cigar in a no wind environment and with a Cup of proper Coffee and preferably solitary. Its a meditating thing.  (Which the wife has no hesitation in accepting)

Gave up Cigarettes aged 22 when weened off  by smoking a Pipe (seemed popular at the time where I worked) 3 Nuns as I recall, which for most of the time, went out. Do have a collection of Pipes. Straight Grains etc.

Dropped that within a few years and smoked an occasional  lovely Cigar called a Medallion Petit Corona sold in a White Tube marketed by J R Freeman & Son who sadly seemed to go out of business.  £1 a Cigar was very reasonable back then in the eighties.  A Very nice Cigar.

With apols - Sorry not a Lexus issue just blabbing on. Must be the Guiness I’m drinking making me talkative!  

The Worshipful Company of Tobacco Pipe Makers and Tobacco Blenders

..................love the occasional cigar, my nephew is a member of this Livery Company and when I'm invited to his annual Court Appointment meetings in the City I do so enjoy a cigar or two :biggrin: too

Malc

and don't get me started on the Guinness . after my Ireland trip too :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 4:46 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

Both of my old S Class & the E55 had illuminated vent wheels, really handy & looks really nice at night as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links