Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Essential Care servicing

MadJam250

As most of us are probably aware, Lexus's that are aged 5 years or over can benefit from heavily reduced servicing costs compared to standard servicing prices. Looking at the job sheets' PDF there appears to be very little difference in the level of work carried out; the only difference I can see is almost 50% off in terms of cost for this option.  

Do many here take advantage of this significant saving with regards to annual servicing?

7 hours ago, MadJam250 said:

As most of us are probably aware, Lexus's that are aged 5 years or over can benefit from heavily reduced servicing costs compared to standard servicing prices. Looking at the job sheets' PDF there appears to be very little difference in the level of work carried out; the only difference I can see is almost 50% off in terms of cost for this option.  

Do many here take advantage of this significant saving with regards to annual servicing?

Yes I have done on the wifes car.

They don't stamp the book but provide you with a service certificate with the mileage and date anyway. 

So to me, it doesn't really matter as it has the Lexus logo on it, its all recorded online and its also proof of servicing. 

Yes, I always take advantage of the Essential program. Your car doesn't seem to get treated any differently and genuine parts, high quality oil etc is used, so why not.

Whether the book gets stamped or not seems to be dealer-dependent. Lexus Edinburgh have always stamped the book for me.

Yes, I did take advantage of this with previous Lexus I owned. As John stated, neither the car - nor indeed yourself! - appears to get treated any differently and the work done is of a typical Lexus high standard.

My IS 300 service booked got stamped. Odd.

Anyhoo, when I had my RX 400h serviced last month there were some differences between the regular and Essential Care services and the LOC discount can only be applied against a regular service. I plumped for regular.