Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back-Seat Passenger (Dis)comfort

Never having had more than one adult passenger at a time in the back of the RC, and then usually only for short drives, I have rarely given the question of 

back-seat comfort much thought.  And, of course, had rear spaciousness been a major issue I would not have bought the car in first place.   However, the 

other day I was unlucky enough to be one of two back-seat passengers for a ride of about 20km in a C-Class coupé, and, without needing to analyse and 

compare Lexus' and MB's declared leg- and head-room measurements, which I would guess to be very similar, I quickly came to the conclusion that it  

would be best,  unless they are below average in height and girth and blessed with an uncomplaining nature, to avoid carrying any passengers at all in the                                                                

back of either car.   My experiences in current-generation coupés that more or less compete with the RC had previously been limited to the Audi A5, which                                                           

I found almost as cramped, and the E-Class which, on the other hand, I found to be almost as spacious as any normal four-door saloon - and which, if the                                                              

price of optionals did not risk putting it beyond economic reach, would have to be the coupé of choice for any prospective owner who needs to carry                                                                           

passengers more than just occasionally.   In this regard, I hate to admit it puts the RC very much in the shade.