Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Cambridge didn't want to give discount

L Janin

Hi,

I can see the disclaimer "Not all dealers guarantee discounts", but I am very disappointed that Lexus Cambridge didn't want to apply the 10% Lexus owner club discount when I changed my tyres to winter tyres today (cost £560).

I got the quote by email, and I mentioned the lexus owner club discount when I brought the car in, to which they replied "I'll see what I can do". I didn't feel necessary to make them write down a new quote including the 10% discount...

And at the end they just said the tyres were expensive for them to buy, so no discount.

Do you think there's any way to push this forward? (given that I have now paid...)

Thanks

personally I don't think there is,as the disclaimer states, I used to be a gold 🥇 member myself but having weighed it up,(my nearest dealer is in Milton Keynes), didn't think it was worth paying almost 40 quid for the privilege 

On 11/19/2018 at 3:17 PM, olliesgrandad said:

Cheltenham Lexus have been very good with discount on service and I've scored majorly by being a gold member. 

Similar experience with Lexus Hedge End (Southampton)

Similar experience with Lexus Glasgow, last time I had things done and asked for a LOC discount which was refused as they never saw it before in their life, after some discussion they said that the price given already with discount but that due to they no me and nothing to do with Golden membership here.

On a good note - a week ago I popped in to a Halfords and my discount card worked (1st time use) even though the staff did not recognise it at 1st but then just scanned it and accepted it.

• Like 1