Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just managed to get four Avon ZV7's for t a very reasonable £332 fitted from Black Circles, excellent saving.

I hope they're as good as the Goodyears Efficientgrips that need replacing.

I loved the ZV7s I had fitted to my IS300. Better than then the Dunlops Maxx RTs they replaced which in turn were better than the Bridgestones it had on when I bought it. Pleasingly good in low temperatures last winter; no winter tyre obviously (never tried them in snow) but seemed to remain supple.  And yet they don't get rated in tests. 

Not exceptional, but fine as far as I'm concerned. It's hard to remember what previous tyres were like and it varies so much with road surface anyway. Sometimes there's blissful silence, other  surfaces can cause quite a roar.

10 hours ago, bernieeccles said:

Are they quiet tyres?

Pretty quiet, yes. But then compared to Bridgestones, anything would have been...

Of course, new tyres are always great because of that lovely 8.0mm of tread when you've perhaps been running around on 3.0mm. But the Avons I had did not get significantly nosier as the tread wore down. Unlike Falkens I've had before which generated a horrible drumming as they got down to 3.0mm, or indeed the Pilot 3s at 4.0mm I've just replaced on my current car.

I hope I get more than 17k out of the Avons! My Goodyears on the front are down to the wear indicators and the rears not far off but they've managed 32,000 mainly motorway miles.

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2018 at 8:14 AM, johnatg said:

I've still got mine - not for long though. Excellent tyres in all respects except one - my rears need replacing after 15K miles - down to the wear indicators.

John, agree on your comments on the Avon's. Just looking at my receipts from November 2018 when I had four fitted after 15,000 miles the rears now needed replacing. I got over 25,000 out of the Goodyear Efficientgrips!