NothernDan

VLand Headlights - Before we take the plunge......

Before we all drop our hard earned cash on these, I am sure someone on here did a lengthy write up very recently about swapping out all their bulbs for LED or upgraded units including the required relay boxes to prevent hyperflashing and a nice yellow lit JDM style fog light bulb.

Who was that and where is the post? Can’t find it anywhere!

@Womble72 I was sure it was you but can’t find it in your history.

Help!! 🤪

On 11/22/2018 at 7:13 AM, NothernDan said:

Before we all drop our hard earned cash on these, I am sure someone on here did a lengthy write up very recently about swapping out all their bulbs for LED or upgraded units including the required relay boxes to prevent hyperflashing and a nice yellow lit JDM style fog light bulb.

Who was that and where is the post? Can’t find it anywhere!

@Womble72 I was sure it was you but can’t find it in your history.

Help!! 🤪

Sorry Dan wasn’t me, as an electrician by trade (industrial) car electrical is something I’ve absolutely no knowledge it in any way shape or form......good luck with the hunt, I’d imagine Pete could be someone to touch base with 🤔

On 11/24/2018 at 10:44 AM, Twellsie said:

was this it Dan?

Thats the one!!

Ta chief!!

Hey Dan,

Surely VLAND will wire these to prevent any errors or hyper flash issues? Their rears were simple plug ‘n’ play, so I’m not expecting the fronts to be any different....

Install should be relatively straightforward, but you will need to remove your front bumper, although it’s actually a lot simpler than you might think. 

If people are unsure or want someone to be a guinea pig, I’m happy to buy the first set at normal cost, and do a write up on them?

Doubt you’ll get 10 orders otherwise. 

• Like 1

Do we know of others that have ordered them? Pics and write ups should be surfacing soon I'd expect. 

Hey all, saw a pic of these installed on Instagram yesterday...... but can’t find it now ☹️ Searched high and low.

From what little I could see I’m not convinced. They don’t look as well made as the rears and all the black plastic and chrome trim is a little too “first draft” for me. Reminiscent of my “Lexus Style” rear lights I had on my old Calibra. Not good.

I’m going to stick with upgrading the OEM units for now. Happy to pass on contact details of my guy but counting myself out of the front lights for now. The U.K. guy in Walsall will do a deal in the rears for those who wanted those, just contact him directly via eBay. He’s called Toni!

Good luck!!

Hey Dan,

That’s a shame mate. Are you sure it wasn’t just bad photography skills? Shame you can’t find the photo to share here, but I’ve reached out via the US site to see if I can find out a bit more mate.

I’m probably still going to take the plunge as a guinea pig on these. Do you have a guy who can get me a set now by any chance? Is Toni the same contact on the fronts, or is it someone else?

PM me the details if you prefer fella. 👍😎

Good luck with your OEM upgrades. 

Cheers,

Pete 😊

9 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hey all, saw a pic of these installed on Instagram yesterday...... but can’t find it now ☹️ Searched high and low.

From what little I could see I’m not convinced. They don’t look as well made as the rears and all the black plastic and chrome trim is a little too “first draft” for me. Reminiscent of my “Lexus Style” rear lights I had on my old Calibra. Not good.

I’m going to stick with upgrading the OEM units for now. Happy to pass on contact details of my guy but counting myself out of the front lights for now. The U.K. guy in Walsall will do a deal in the rears for those who wanted those, just contact him directly via eBay. He’s called Toni!

Good luck!!

Be very interested to see how you get on with the OEM facelift lights and it's a mod I want to do. 

14 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

Hey Dan,

That’s a shame mate. Are you sure it wasn’t just bad photography skills? Shame you can’t find the photo to share here, but I’ve reached out via the US site to see if I can find out a bit more mate.

I’m probably still going to take the plunge as a guinea pig on these. Do you have a guy who can get me a set now by any chance? Is Toni the same contact on the fronts, or is it someone else?

PM me the details if you prefer fella. 👍😎

Good luck with your OEM upgrades. 

Cheers,

Pete 😊

I'll be very interested to see how these come out and they do look nice. 

Hi all,

Anybody who is interested in the VLand front light units should head to Instagram and search under #VLand as there are quite a few videos of the new lights fitted to what looks like an IS250 being posted by VLand themselves and various sellers including my China contact.

Looking at the video it's cemented my views, they are not for me.

The DRL's look very bright which is good but the indicators are barely visible over them.

The combination of the large clear lens with a mainly black plastic interior other than some very cheap looking chrome trim around the LED side, dipped and main beam housings just looks very cheap.

Really disappointing considering how good most of VLands other stuff look.

I'm sure some will love them but they are not my cup of tea at all.

I have a load of bulb upgrades for my OEM lights now so will be sticking with those.

Can't find a way of sharing an Instagram link so just use the search function on there and you'll easily find them.

26 minutes ago, d3ron said:

Actually, it's reassured me now. Looks like DRL goes off on the side the indicator is being used.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEd8k8AVUj/

Indeed it does! Midnight baby feeding session when I first saw this so excuse the incorrect info. There are some much closer pics which brought rise to my earlier comments though. Like I say, I am sure some will love these but they are not for me.

Just now, NothernDan said:

Indeed it does! Midnight baby feeding session when I first saw this so excuse the incorrect info. There are some much closer pics which brought rise to my earlier comments though. Like I say, I am sure some will love these but they are not for me.

I'm awaiting more pics/videos, but so far it's looking very slick.

Will modernise the car a lot.