Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VLand Headlights - Before we take the plunge......

Before we all drop our hard earned cash on these, I am sure someone on here did a lengthy write up very recently about swapping out all their bulbs for LED or upgraded units including the required relay boxes to prevent hyperflashing and a nice yellow lit JDM style fog light bulb.

Who was that and where is the post? Can’t find it anywhere!

@Womble72 I was sure it was you but can’t find it in your history.

Help!! 🤪

On 11/22/2018 at 7:13 AM, NothernDan said:

Before we all drop our hard earned cash on these, I am sure someone on here did a lengthy write up very recently about swapping out all their bulbs for LED or upgraded units including the required relay boxes to prevent hyperflashing and a nice yellow lit JDM style fog light bulb.

Who was that and where is the post? Can’t find it anywhere!

@Womble72 I was sure it was you but can’t find it in your history.

Help!! 🤪

Sorry Dan wasn’t me, as an electrician by trade (industrial) car electrical is something I’ve absolutely no knowledge it in any way shape or form......good luck with the hunt, I’d imagine Pete could be someone to touch base with 🤔

Hey Dan,

Surely VLAND will wire these to prevent any errors or hyper flash issues? Their rears were simple plug ‘n’ play, so I’m not expecting the fronts to be any different....

Install should be relatively straightforward, but you will need to remove your front bumper, although it’s actually a lot simpler than you might think. 

If people are unsure or want someone to be a guinea pig, I’m happy to buy the first set at normal cost, and do a write up on them?

Doubt you’ll get 10 orders otherwise. 

• Like 1

Hey all, saw a pic of these installed on Instagram yesterday...... but can’t find it now ☹️ Searched high and low.

From what little I could see I’m not convinced. They don’t look as well made as the rears and all the black plastic and chrome trim is a little too “first draft” for me. Reminiscent of my “Lexus Style” rear lights I had on my old Calibra. Not good.

I’m going to stick with upgrading the OEM units for now. Happy to pass on contact details of my guy but counting myself out of the front lights for now. The U.K. guy in Walsall will do a deal in the rears for those who wanted those, just contact him directly via eBay. He’s called Toni!

Good luck!!

Hey Dan,

That’s a shame mate. Are you sure it wasn’t just bad photography skills? Shame you can’t find the photo to share here, but I’ve reached out via the US site to see if I can find out a bit more mate.

I’m probably still going to take the plunge as a guinea pig on these. Do you have a guy who can get me a set now by any chance? Is Toni the same contact on the fronts, or is it someone else?

PM me the details if you prefer fella. 👍😎

Good luck with your OEM upgrades. 

Cheers,

Pete 😊

9 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hey all, saw a pic of these installed on Instagram yesterday...... but can’t find it now ☹️ Searched high and low.

From what little I could see I’m not convinced. They don’t look as well made as the rears and all the black plastic and chrome trim is a little too “first draft” for me. Reminiscent of my “Lexus Style” rear lights I had on my old Calibra. Not good.

I’m going to stick with upgrading the OEM units for now. Happy to pass on contact details of my guy but counting myself out of the front lights for now. The U.K. guy in Walsall will do a deal in the rears for those who wanted those, just contact him directly via eBay. He’s called Toni!

Good luck!!

Be very interested to see how you get on with the OEM facelift lights and it's a mod I want to do. 

14 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

Hey Dan,

That’s a shame mate. Are you sure it wasn’t just bad photography skills? Shame you can’t find the photo to share here, but I’ve reached out via the US site to see if I can find out a bit more mate.

I’m probably still going to take the plunge as a guinea pig on these. Do you have a guy who can get me a set now by any chance? Is Toni the same contact on the fronts, or is it someone else?

PM me the details if you prefer fella. 👍😎

Good luck with your OEM upgrades. 

Cheers,

Pete 😊

I'll be very interested to see how these come out and they do look nice. 

Hi all,

Anybody who is interested in the VLand front light units should head to Instagram and search under #VLand as there are quite a few videos of the new lights fitted to what looks like an IS250 being posted by VLand themselves and various sellers including my China contact.

Looking at the video it's cemented my views, they are not for me.

The DRL's look very bright which is good but the indicators are barely visible over them.

The combination of the large clear lens with a mainly black plastic interior other than some very cheap looking chrome trim around the LED side, dipped and main beam housings just looks very cheap.

Really disappointing considering how good most of VLands other stuff look.

I'm sure some will love them but they are not my cup of tea at all.

I have a load of bulb upgrades for my OEM lights now so will be sticking with those.

Can't find a way of sharing an Instagram link so just use the search function on there and you'll easily find them.

26 minutes ago, d3ron said:

Actually, it's reassured me now. Looks like DRL goes off on the side the indicator is being used.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEd8k8AVUj/

Indeed it does! Midnight baby feeding session when I first saw this so excuse the incorrect info. There are some much closer pics which brought rise to my earlier comments though. Like I say, I am sure some will love these but they are not for me.

Just now, NothernDan said:

Indeed it does! Midnight baby feeding session when I first saw this so excuse the incorrect info. There are some much closer pics which brought rise to my earlier comments though. Like I say, I am sure some will love these but they are not for me.

I'm awaiting more pics/videos, but so far it's looking very slick.

Will modernise the car a lot.

• 3 months later...

I think the biggest concern from my pov was that they'd look cheap and nasty. They seem very well made. I think the LED output can compete with our Xenon output. not sure how you adjust them though. 

Left and right seem unbalanced. 

Not so bothered by the directional steering. 

I was in the "keep it original camp"  and wasn't sure if they would look a bit naff but I'm thinking they look OK. Not persuaded to be ordering just yet but I'm warming to the idea. Agree though I would want to be confident about the adjustment.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:35 PM, gb1600e said:

I was in the "keep it original camp"  and wasn't sure if they would look a bit naff but I'm thinking they look OK. Not persuaded to be ordering just yet but I'm warming to the idea. Agree though I would want to be confident about the adjustment.

Just imagine in a year or so when you've lost the instructions and you fail your MOT on headlight aim. 

Gutted. 

8 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Just imagine in a year or so when you've lost the instructions and you fail your MOT on headlight aim. 

Gutted. 

Yeah, we all seem to be naturally sceptical but would a head light manufacturer really make headlights that cant be adjusted to meet safe driving standards not least legal requirements. Somebody out there must know? 

54 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

Yeah, we all seem to be naturally sceptical but would a head light manufacturer really make headlights that cant be adjusted to meet safe driving standards not least legal requirements. Somebody out there must know? 

They are adjustable Glynn. There are two adjusters on the back of each unit but knowing how much of a pain in the ***** these are to install (tried changing any bulbs lately? ) I can assure you that the adjusters are in a ridiculous position. 

I like the concept but for me, too much has not been considered or (at the very least) been overlooked as unimportant.

If anybody buys a set, let me know though. Interested to see if these are as toy-town as they look or if vland have pulled it off. 

• Like 1

I have read that many people have problems with it.

My biggest concern are:

Will they fit like OEM, how can I change bulbs

Are AFS (light turns with steering wheel) still work. How will they be adjusted, and so on.

Together with the S Sprit Bumper from CarAct they look perfect. 

21 hours ago, TheGermanHans said:

I have read that many people have problems with it.

My biggest concern are:

Will they fit like OEM, how can I change bulbs, 

Are AFS (light turns with steering wheel) still work. How will they be adjusted, and so on.

Together with the S Sprit Bumper from CarAct they look perfect. 

Multiple Chinese sellers told me now they are only for Halogen Typ they not suitable for OEM Xenon. Is this true ?