Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VLand Headlights - Before we take the plunge......

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Hmmm.... They look better in the flesh as it were. Still undecided but this pushes me closer to liking them.

I've seen some owners put body coloured eyelids on the headlights to get over the issue of the blank space on the top of the headlights.

Thanks to my man @codymillspic  - lexusarmy - lexusis350 - is350 - slammedenuff - sim.jpg

The car looks stunning in the video, but the colour change has been very poorly done. The slam panel and behind the front bumper are still blue, and close up, there's plenty of orange peel. I'd run away from that.

12 hours ago, d3ron said:

I'm sure it's a wrap. 

In fact yes it is. 

Yep, the “orange peel” on this is where from where he has had to heat the wrap to get it to contour into the car. It’s actually very well done.

Check his entire YouTube channel. The car was rose gold at one pint, also a wrap. A very useful channel as he has done most popular mods and repairs and videos the lot for our viewing pleasure.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Yep, the “orange peel” on this is where from where he has had to heat the wrap to get it to contour into the car. It’s actually very well done.

Check his entire YouTube channel. The car was rose gold at one pint, also a wrap. A very useful channel as he has done most popular mods and repairs and videos the lot for our viewing pleasure.

Agree.  Really good channel for all the stuff he has tried.

Also worth it for the emotion he showed when it finally went.  He has gone through a journey with that motor.

22 hours ago, PRT68 said:

The car looks stunning in the video, but the colour change has been very poorly done. The slam panel and behind the front bumper are still blue, and close up, there's plenty of orange peel. I'd run away from that.

it has been wrapped dude!

• 2 months later...

I just received my Vland LED headlights this week, after having installed the Vland LED taillights about 2 weeks ago.

No question, these look much better IRL than many of the images suggest.

I will be installing these in the next couple of weeks when I'm on leave. 

20190722_223728.thumb.jpg.4a169f8a933fb778976a0d317503e93f.jpg

20190724_141414.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for posting those pics...they do look the part.

I am mostly concerned with the night time output so would be great if you could add some pics of that once you are rolling.

1 hour ago, LEXUS-4-LIFE said:

I just received my Vland led headlights this week, after having installed the Vland led taillights about 2 weeks ago.

No question, these look much better IRL than many of the images suggest.

I will be installing these in the next couple of weeks when I'm on leave. 

20190722_223728.thumb.jpg.4a169f8a933fb778976a0d317503e93f.jpg

20190724_141414.jpg

Great, it'll be good to see someone on here with them. Where did you purchase from if you don't mind me asking?

5 minutes ago, LEXUS-4-LIFE said:

Yeah, will do.

The halogen on all 3 of the is220d I've owned have been awful, so hopefully these led units will be a big improvement.

Oh there is no doubt they will be a lot better than your halogen's, however I am considering them to replace stock HIDs so......that's why I am reluctant.

They def, look the part.

Vland headlights currently going anything from £509 upwards,

Vland taillights about £239 upwards.

Got both of mine slightly cheaper by making offers as posted earlier in the thread. 

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, I finally got around to installing the Vland LED headlghts on my car. The install was fairly straightforward except I can't seem to get the DRLs to function. 

Am I missing something or do I have faulty units as everything is connected and wired up as per instructions.

Only exception is that I didn't have a 10amp fuse to swap out as in the picture provided by Vland as the circled fuse slot in my car was already empty.

Pictures to follow shortly.