Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In all the time I have owned LS400s ( 25 years )I have never had the alarm go off ,last week I left my phone in the drivers centre console arm rest whilst at my daughters house in Devon.

I was alerted to the alarm by a neighbour and assumed their kids had knocked the car whilst playing checked it over and returned to the house ,several minutes later the alarm went off again.

This time I looked in the top of the armrest and there was my phone ,a dated samsung galaxy switched on ,I say switched on because I only use mobile phones as a emergency devise or when on long journeys south to keep in touch in transit.

I removed the phone and checked for messages and downloads of which there had been two, both around the time the alarm had gone off. 

The rest of the day was alarm free with the phone away from the car.

I am not saying this is always the cause of phantom alarm soundings but I am convinced this event was caused by the phone.

I’ve had the same problem - the alarm went off when my wife put her mobile phone in the same place.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the sensors for the alarm are placed in or around the centre console arm rest, so electronic signals in that area from a mobile phone may well activate the sensors and set the alarm off. We have not put a mobile phone or any other electronic device in that area since!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Colin M said:

sensors for the alarm are placed in or around the centre console arm rest,

absolutely so with the Mk3 .........  from a post on here quite a while back, my indy found the sensor just in front of the centre console drinks flap and was able to prise it up and turned down the sensor effect ....... peace now reigns thankfully

I was having the alarm bells ringing whenever for no apparent reason at all from time to time

Fingers xd it's stopped being triggered by objects ( or even no objects at all )  inside the car now :biggrin:

Malc

A friend had this routinely happen on their Prius. For people who use their phones all the time this could be helpful - a computer programmer would probably say, "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

I tried to find some references on the internet to confirm it happens on Priuses but didn't find one. However, I did find this mobile phone forum where the problem phone is a Samsung. Maybe that's the common factor.

A while ago I had the same problem with my is200.

Left my Samsung phone switched on in the centre dash compartment while parked and the alarm went off.

Not left my phone in since-no alarm.

I have a Prius as well. My alarm always goes off if a phone is left inside. 

I used it as a Taxi, and a customer dropped hers under a seat. That night the alarm was constantly going off. Eventually left the car unlocked to stop it. Found the phone next morning when the office called me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links