Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vibration through footwell / Odd Dealer Response / Advice Needed

Hi all,

Bit of a long one so apologies up front.

We have a 1 year old NX300H F-Sport (13K miles) which has developed a vibration through the footwell which you can also feel when resting your foot on the brake and footrest. At slow speeds it feels as if it pulsates as the wheel rotates. At higher speeds it's constant.  I assumed it was the tyres so have replaced these but it made no difference.

I called up my dealer to book it in and they mentioned something about a diagnostic fee of (if memory serves me) £120 (was not sure if it was an hour) if it was found not to be a warranty issue.

Having had 3 previous Lexus cars I can't ever remember being asked for authorise something like this. Is this something new and something all dealers do now? 

As I believe it is pad or disk related I am in a bit of quandry as to what to do next as £120 would go along way to getting pads and discs should they be the problem. If they are the problem should they really need replacing at 13K? Should I wait and mention it at service time and would I still get charged the diagnostic fee?

Any thoughts as to how to progress it?

Many Thanks

Tremly 

4 hours ago, tremly said:

Hi all,

Bit of a long one so apologies up front.

We have a 1 year old NX300H F-Sport (13K miles) which has developed a vibration through the footwell which you can also feel when resting your foot on the brake and footrest. At slow speeds it feels as if it pulsates as the wheel rotates. At higher speeds it's constant.  I assumed it was the tyres so have replaced these but it made no difference.

I called up my dealer to book it in and they mentioned something about a diagnostic fee of (if memory serves me) £120 (was not sure if it was an hour) if it was found not to be a warranty issue.

Having had 3 previous Lexus cars I can't ever remember being asked for authorise something like this. Is this something new and something all dealers do now? 

As I believe it is pad or disk related I am in a bit of quandry as to what to do next as £120 would go along way to getting pads and discs should they be the problem. If they are the problem should they really need replacing at 13K? Should I wait and mention it at service time and would I still get charged the diagnostic fee?

Any thoughts as to how to progress it?

Many Thanks

Tremly 

I can't help thinking you need to be a tad firmer with the dealer.  If my car was one year old I would insist on it being looked at, with a diagnostic or not, without any charge. At one year old I'm guessing 13K would be covered with mostly motorway, and not so many "local" journeys, so I'd be surprised if it was worn pads/discs.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tremly said:

At slow speeds it feels as if it pulsates as the wheel rotates.

Had a similar experience about 15 years ago with my wife's 2001 Seat. Turned out to be a faulty ABS sensor.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links