Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Reappears for sale

I bet many of you guys surfing Auto Trader may spot this car as familiar, and you would be right. It was on sale for a while a couple months ago at a Vauxhall dealer in Stoke. I viewed it closely but walked away as it wasn't right for me and wasn't the excellent condition I hoped it would be.  It disappeared off sale but appears again now from a dealer in Newport Pagnell.  (possibly looking more excellent than it was). 

So to be clear I'm not in the trade nor qualified to give advice but if anyone is interested to know what it did look like 2 months ago then PM me.   (not sure of the protocol of going through the details publicly on here?)  Before I found the right one I appreciated the same heads on the cars I went to see from anyone who knew anything so only fair I put what I found out there if anyone interested.  

No doubt it will be a great car for someone though.

0acf71b947214a1581cf3655ad3ffccf.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have finally decided to go for an ISF and I really fancy a final facelift version. I’ve been watching Autotrader for 6 months and seen a handful of good ones come and go, but now I’m ready to make my move, this red one is the only one left. I’ve just registered for the forum so don’t yet seem eligible to PM you as suggested, but if you could message me with some info that would be fantastic. 

Just in case anyone else sees this car for sale. If you look closely at the photos in the advert, paricularly front offside, there is clearly a rough respray of the bumper and bonnet leading edge.  I gather it has also been resprayed around the sides. You can see it has a black wheel refurb. It has been up for sale now at two dealers for a long time hence the tempting price.  Maybe a good buy for someone prepared to redo some of the paintwork? Me - I'm going to keep looking.

Make sure whatever you do, you don't pay over the odds. Some of the later isf's for sale are dangerously close to rcf prices. 

A 2010 facelift model will give you most of what you want. 

Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean about high prices. Around Christmas there was a very nice looking example at Lexus in Edgeware Road for £31k which only came down to I think 28k. When I make up my mind to buy a particular car it is a huge decision for me as I tend to keep a car for 9 or 10 years. I currently drive a Honda Legend bought in 2010. But they are a lot more common than the ISF as they sold over 500 of those, but even with a Honda after 170,000 miles there is the worry that something expensive might go pop and unlike the ISF, the Legend depreciated to virtually nothing a few years back. So I still hope a final facelift version will come up in the next six weeks or so otherwise, as suggested I will just buy the best example I can find.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know the UK had any with that spec. It’s the late 2011-13 with the revised suspension set up that I have my eye open for but have an open mind as all my knowledge is from written and video reviews.

3 hours ago, Legendliving said:

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know the UK had any with that spec. It’s the late 2011-13 with the revised suspension set up that I have my eye open for but have an open mind as all my knowledge is from written and video reviews.

Suspension was revised three years running - 2011, 2012 and 2013.

IS-F v1.pdf

• Thanks 2