Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Third time lucky

aido

Hello all - it's been a long time since I was around these parts but I recently picked up another Lexus for motorway cruising to cut down the mileage on my other car.

I'm married with two kids these days so older, greyer (and fatter) than last time I was here 🙂

I wanted something nice for the motorways so picked up a 2006 LS460 SE-L - I think it was @abdallian's old car from what I have read and pieced together and it has a stack of paperwork and jobs performed over the years. 

Unfortunately the front radar sensor died during a full service so it's needed that and the front badge replacing and I've had the control arms done and a new Yuasa Silver Battery since I got her too. I also refreshed the yellowing headlights with the 3M headlight restoration kit to brighten things up a bit and have some new Osram Night Breaker Laser bulbs to go in which should help with the winter nights.

I'm really hoping things will calm down a bit now - I've done 200 miles since picking it up yesterday and so far so good! I have noticed the sunroof has the rust / rot which seems to affect the LS460. 

I've worked my way through the diags and now have a full working setup - an SPX OTC VIM for the latest Techstream and an Intelligent Tester 2 with the oscilliscope and probes for when things get nasty. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 10:05 AM, abdallian said:

Hi Aido. I'm glad to hear its all up and running again. Did the service center cover the cost of the badge replacement in the end? It did seem they were at fault at causing the problem

Unfortunately not but I did get some goodwill from both LGB and the dealer which brought the price down substantially - I needed the car back for work so didn't have time to explore other avenues unfortunately.

I've just gotten it back again today as it had a brake pad wear sensor issue - touch wood I can get some milage out of it now 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links