Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not seen that before

gdh300

Not seen that before, a Lexus as an official car! Always seems to be Mercedes.

Then again, perhaps in the UK we don't see Shinzō Abe arriving at official dinners and the like. Lexus or Toyota Century do you reckon? 

2018-11-24 (2).png

On 11/26/2018 at 6:33 PM, The-Acre said:

I think all British PM's should arrive in 1980's British Leyland cars (assuming they didn't break down) just to remind us of how wrong we went! 

They would never get there!... or at least not on time!

At least if would give foreign dignitaries another reason to laugh at the Brits.

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 11:28 PM, gdh300 said:

Not seen that before, a Lexus as an official car! 

Noticed Theresa May in a Lexus leaving an EU meeting in Brussels a couple of years ago, early in the negotiations. I thought at the time it might be meant as a hint to Germany that Britain buys a lot of cars from them at the moment but that could decline if 10% tariffs were added to German cars and 10% tariffs were taken off Japanese cars.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:33 PM, The-Acre said:

I think all British PM's should arrive in 1980's British Leyland cars (assuming they didn't break down) just to remind us of how wrong we went! 

Agreed. A Maxi would get my vote. 

Not to be picky, but the Landcrab was the Austin / Morris 1800 / 2200. The Maxi was a completely different beast (apart from the doors, the suspension and the drive train, for money saving reasons 😖). My dad had both!

Anyway, on further research me old mucker Shinzo perhaps - not unsurprisingly -  does have amongst his fleet a LS600h and a Toyota Century and an . Mmm, V12 waft...