Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio system Manufacturer

Hello from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada !!

Just bought a 2019 Lexus NX 300 with Executive package in Atomic Silver. Unfortunately, here in Canada, we don't get a lot of color choices in either exterior or interior, we get black, white and 2 grays unless you buy the F-Sport then you have blue and red. Having said that, I have the highest level trim available in my area, but no one can tell me, not even the dealership, who makes the "10 speaker premium audio system" for this SUV?? 

I am a musician and an bit of a audiophile, so I would like to know the specs, who makes it? etc.. amp power, channels, EQ curve ? etc..  

I do have to say that I have listened to familiar, lossless music on this NX 300 Executive, and on my 2012 Nissan Murano with a Bose system, and on a 2016 Acura RDX with a Pioneer ELS system. 

The Pioneer ELS system on the Acura sounds the best of the 3, with the 2012 Nissan Murano Bose system a very close second and the 2019 "unknown" system a distant 3rd place. Not enough low end, no punch, high end seems tamed, but most sticking to me is the lack of stereo sound stage. It just sounds narrow and closed in. The salesman said "it sounds more musical, like analog" I'm like Dude, I have a high end home recording studio and I have recorded, mixed, mastered and produced albums in that studio for the last 5+ years, and you have no clue what you are talking about. !

Being in my early 50s, I have had 30 years of listening to car audio and I've personally installed or have had installed car systems by Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion, Rockford Fostgate, JVC, Bose and others. 

There is just something underwhelming about this 2019 Lexus NX 300 "Premium 10 speaker system" and I would like to know who makes it and why does it not sound as good as a 6+ year old Bose system in my Murano????? Lexus is a premium luxury brand, yet, in this model, sound is average and somewhat decent at best. Sadly they do not offer the Mark Levinson system in the NX in Canada, that is only an option in the RX 350. 

Cheers, 

Stephane

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Surprised that the ML system isn't available in Canada. I may be wrong but I thought Pioneer supplied the non ML systems 

Not 100% for the NX but it is likely the headunit is Pioneer for both the ML and non-ML system.

For UK models they are all Pioneer systems.

Edited by ColinBarber