Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone tell me the geniune part number for...

Thanks for you reply.

These do not look the same.  The ones I have have three rigdes across the dome.  Will these still fit?

I did a search earlier today and found plenty of options which look similar but they were all labelled different sizes so I wasn't sure which size I needed...

1 hour ago, cosmarchy said:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the genuine Lexus part number for the engine bay clips for a 2006 IS220d like the one here please?

Thanks

Clip.PNG

Without being rude but are you sure that the ones you have are genuine, the reason I say this is because there are so many aftermarket clips out there and these cars tend to 'get through them' that they may have been swapped out previously.

paul m.

55 minutes ago, Texas said:

Without being rude but are you sure that the ones you have are genuine, the reason I say this is because there are so many aftermarket clips out there and these cars tend to 'get through them' that they may have been swapped out previously.

paul m.

I wouldn't see this as rude; I'd see it as a perfectly reasonable question 😁

I did buy the car from a Lexus dealer so I just assumed these were the 'original' ones however in hindsight it is quite possible these are not the genuine ones.

In all honesty I don't really mind what they look like, but I'd just rather they all bve the same.  I recently had some work done and when I looked under the bonnet I can only believe some cack-handed gorilla had removed the clips as quite a few were missing and some of the remaining ones were snapped and missing the inner poppet.

I'm not sure how you can even damage them... all you need is to press the poppet in and remove the clip!!  I just wanted some spares to replace them an wanted them to match (bit a*al I know 🙄).

27 minutes ago, bernieeccles said:

I have posted this link before but maybe some people haven't seen it. Great site for trim clips. Page 2 contains these clips at a very reasonable price.

https://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/parts-by-make/toyota.html?p=2

Thanks for this.  Looks like there are a few other bits I could do with too 😀

The clips in the oe poster's pic are the ones fitted to early cars (2005, 2006 - possibly more). I've never seen them as being available anywhere. You remove them by pushing the pin down with a small screwdriver or similar.

The ones in John's pic are those fitted to later cars and they fit early ones too - as do a whole variety of aftermarket clips on eBay. Just measure the holes - I think they are about 6 or 7mm - I forget - and there you go.

But most clips have a pin with a large head which you pull out and can then remove the clip. It can be difficult to remove the pin from clips buried down a depression in the covers - the two at the front and one in each side cover. I kept some original clips for those positions and bought ones with big pin heads for the other positions. You can prise the head up with a small screwdriver then pull it out completely with a trim clip remover tool. The ones in John's pic might be easier to remove (with a Phillips or Pozi screwdriver).

The original clips seem to be very fragile - part of it is resetting them carefully and correctly - when the clip is out, pull the legs apart until you can push the pin back out from the bottom. When replacing, push the pin down with your finger until just back in position.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links