Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New wiper blades?

I’ve just had a new Windscreen fitted to cure a water leak, which has worked a treat.  I’d like to get rid of the aftermarket flat blade wipers fitted as the really don’t work well. They pressure drag on the drivers side in the middle, and float at the ends. So I think I’d like to go back to the standard Lexus hybrid style, unless anyone has any suggestions.

does anyone know the cheapest place to get the original style and the spec?

I recently replaced my front wiper blades, did the usual and looked on eBay etc. etc.

I could find good quality blades for about £25 (Bosch etc.) but I wanted spoilers on them like the OEM blades.

So went to the Lexus dealership and was pleasantly surprised - A pair of OEM blades fitted for £19 inc vat

So moral of the story, check with the Lexus dealership before buying non OEM spares! 

• Like 2

Cheapest in Wipers world do not mean good or even acceptable, I usually go for a OEM (main dealer) wipers, it's not cheap but from my experience on many cars it does the job better than anything else on the market.

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

Lexus won't fit full blades they just change the inserts.

That's interesting, and an unexpected revelation.  I usually just change my inserts, but after a while, the body of the blades do wear out.  

Just looked on eurocarparts and they are recommending a set of two with sizes 20" and21".  I must measure mine, but I would have thought that 21" for the driver's side is a bit short (for RX400H).

Well the new ones got a good test last night. Worked much better. It was Bosch Aerotwin that I took off, that were causing problems and back to the standard Denso whcih are fine for now, much smoother.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rayaans said:

Lexus won't fit full blades they just change the inserts.

Lexus Teesside fitted full blades on mine a few months ago and only charged me £19 inc vat & fitting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimS320 said:

Well the new ones got a good test last night. Worked much better. It was Bosch Aerotwin that I took off, that were causing problems and back to the standard Denso whcih are fine for now, much smoother.

That's a very interesting post:

I always used Bosch Aerotwin on our RX400h and was very pleased with them. When the time came to change the wiper blades on our RX450h, I naturally ordered the Aerotwins again, however I was very disappointed as patches were left untouched on the windscreen. It got to the point that I contacted the supplier who sent me a replacement set on the assumption that the ones I had received must be faulty.

I had the same issue with the replacement set, and ended up going to the dealer who fitted Denso wipers (which were much cheaper than the Bosch bought onlnine). No problem after that.

• Like 2

Worth remembering that the Bosch aerotwins are designed for flexible wiper arms like on the 4th Gen RX where they work extremely well

I would go for the Denso or Michelin Stealth on the 3RX however

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links