Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car was fine now will not lock/unlock or start

FountainP

Hi there,

i have a Lexus 2013 CT200h. Car has been fine no warning signs anything and today it just would not unlock. Once in with the manual key I tried the other way your supposed to be able to start your Lexus and it didn’t work. Thought okay dead key fob, changed the Battery however still no change. The red light does work on the key fob when buttons are pressed so we know that works now. 

When your in the car you go to start as normal but you get absolutely nothing. No lights no sounds. Completely dead. Yet was fine last night?

Here are the things I can think of currently, 1. For some reason alternator may not of been charging Battery properly for some time and Battery has finally given up. 

2. Battery is old and therefore has given up. 

3. Maybe there is a problem with the smart entry/ smart start up system. 

4. Maybe a fuse has gone, a faulty wire or relay somewhere? 

Have been looking through manuals and looking through google online and cannot get answers do not want to have to go to Lexus yet as May more than likely cost an arm and a leg! 😛

My brother is coming over tomorrow with a diagnostic tool, but he has said if we cannot get any power to start the ignition of the car most diagnostic tools if not all will not work without this. 

Any ideas would be appreciated! Then I can check them out in the morning when it is light again and much less cold!

Thank you ☺️

• 6 months later...

Hi we had the same problem as described over here. After 3 weeks at the workshop it was down to the attached problem. Luckily we have lexus extended warranty so we did not have to pay over £4K worth of repairs. I hope this helps. I have added the the screenshot of the repairs which they did. 

8BEF0A4A-5AC1-49A6-B14D-174B9E36AEA0.png

73C8ED8A-4A88-4FFD-880B-D877E6792A65.png

5E38D261-10A0-4223-80B9-5A1F0F71E92D.png