Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT 200 EBAY SCAM ********

hondansxr

BE AWARE             eBay item number: 39217878643   ENQUIRED AS TO WHY THIS IS SOOOO CHEAP HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED AS THEY ARE DEAF AND CANNOT ANSWERT THE PHONE ... I CALLED eBay TO TELL THEM AND THEY WILL INVESTIGATE IN THE NEXT 24-72 HRS .....!!!!!!

Michelle Precious

6:00 PM (6 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi again,

Like i said in my previous email the car is at the AJ Long Transport Ltd company ( www.ajlong-transport.co.uk) and it will be better for both if the transaction will be done through them, due to the fact i'm overseas and I can not meet with you in person.They will be the third, objective party involved in the transaction. This way you will actually pay for the car after you receive and test it, because the shipping company will hold the funds in an Escrow and release it to me only after you receive and decide to keep the car. 
You will have 5 days of inspection period.After the inspection period if you decide to keep it they will release the money to me and if you decide not to keep it they will come to pick it up and give you a full refund. I'm sure this won't be the case because the vehicle is flawless.Along with the car you will receive all the documents including the V5,keys, owner's manual,MOT certificates and a bill of sale signed to a legal attorney.
If you decide to buy the car,please include the following information in your next email. 
-Full Name;
-Shipping Address (postal code,full address)
-Phone Number
Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the car.
Thanks for understanding,
Precious Michelle Tina
  • Like 1

Seems like it's been pulled by eBay. Well done you for the heads up. It never ceases to amaze me what some people will do to get a dishonest £. It surely must be easier to get a job which pays a weekly wage and on top of that, you could sleep at night and not have to worry when the doorbell goes.

• Like 1

it's obviously that time of year again,people with any common sense need to have their wits about them as its too easy in some cases for people to get carried away, always question yourself before acting on impulse 😊 

I have bought & sold cars on eBay without any problems. I have only bought one Lexus on eBay and that's my love and cherished MK4 LS400. I only ever go for private sales and only if there is a good and thorough write up with plenty of pictures. 

I can't stand these people that won't put the mileage or MOT, previous owners details as far as I am concerned they have something to hide or just too lazy to do it properly. It's very useful these days to have the DVLA MOT checking on the Internet.

When I sell anything online I always put loads of pictures which are hosted from an online album and with that I always give a good description. I have never had a deal fall through when I have asked if the ad gave them confidence and they have always said yes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DanD said:

I am not sure I would ever buy a car from eBay.

I've bought a few through eBay over the last few years - there are plenty of dogs out there, but with a bit of common sense you can weed the bad ones out.  Current IS was an eBay purchase

• 4 weeks later...

This woman is a FRAUD!!!!!! MICHELLE PRECIOUS !!!!!!! maybe using someone elses driving licence. THATS THE LICENCE SHE SENT ME IN AN EMAIL. scamming people in believing they have a CT200H BLACK, FOR SALE. I HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO THIS SCAM AND PAID £5000 BELIEVING I WAS GETTING THE CAR. NUMBER PLATE MJ61UOY. I AM GUTTED AND THEY ARE USING AJ LONG TRANSPORT LTD. SAYING THE CAR IS AT THAT SHIPPING COMPANY AND THEY WOULD SHIP TO YOU. I NEVER RECIEVED NO CAR AS WELL AS MY MONEY HAS GONE. I HAVE REPORTED THIS TO THE POLICE. AND MY BANK. THIS WAS ADVERTISED ON eBay, THEN JUST EMAILS AS WOMAN CLAIMS SHES DEAF. ITS ALL A SCAM AND IM GUTTED TO FALL INTO THIS AND LOOSE MY MONEY I SENT THEM BY BANK TRANSFER. THEY WILL TRY AND ADVERTISE THIS CAR AGAIN AND AGAIN. THEY DONT EVEN OWN THIS CAR. THEY PRODUCE INVOICES ON HEADED PAPER SAYING THEY ARE THE ABOVE SHIPPING COMPANY. I HOPE THEY WILL BE CAUGHT AS I BELIEVE ITS NOT JUST ONE PERSON!! IVE LOST ALL MY MONEY, AND IVE LEARNT MY LESSON NEVER TO DO THIS!! 

all l can say is sorry to hear about your experience and hope you get some sort of redress, l always say people need to be careful and do their homework properly and only part with their hard earned money when convinced beyond doubt, there are always dubious people out there ready to pounce at unsuspecting members of the public 

So sorry to hear your story. I hope the police are able to track down the criminals.

I have seen a similar pattern in a scam I was nearly involved in. This one was about renting a flat.

The similar features are: 

The seller (flat landlord) couldn't meet as they were "overseas".

Without prompting they send some form of ID apparently to give you confidence. In the case I saw it was a picture of a stolen passport, that had been used in a number of scams. I expect this is a picture of a stolen driving licence. Michelle Precious is probably a real person who has had her purse stolen and is now getting a bad reputation on the internet. But in my experience sellers never send you pictures of their ID. I'm sorry it's too late for you, but if anyone else reads this, I'd suggest that being sent some ID from a person "overseas" before some sort of cash transaction is a possible warning sign.

In the email, the sender signs themself Precious Michelle Tina. This is what it says on the driving licence but most English speakers don't sign their names like that. She would probably put Michelle or Michelle Precious. They don't put all the names (like a Russian would) or surname first (like the French do on official documents). Another warning sign.

In the case I saw, the pictures of the flat they were "advertising" were copied off another website. Of course, the scammers didn't own the flat and probably weren't even in the same country. It would be interesting to know if there were any pictures of the inside of the car (pictures copied from a dealer's website?) or just the outside (picture taken outside someone's house?)

The money will probably have been transferred straight out of the Nationwide account. But maybe Nationwide can help.

Again, so sorry this has happened to you.

Thank you for kind words. I feel really sick to my stomach and all my savings i saved has gone. I am a.lady driver and i thought i was dealing with real people. Even AJ LONG TRANSPORT'S OWNER has been in crown court because of fraud for illegally trying to bring in a lot of deisel from northern ireland to liverpool. This company are fraudsters!! There were pictures of inside the car also, probably from car they dont even own and copied from internet. I am waotong to see what the outcome is with R PANAITE'S nationwide account. That was the name i paid my.money into. Now i realise if its too good to be true, then it is.

I have cried many tears since realising no car was coming  only yesterday the 27th. How.could i be so stupid. I could kick myself. No money, no car.

I would get in touch with eBay an ad tell them that I informed them of this scam back in November and they removed it, they know it's a scam and did nothing to stop it being relisted . It will cost you 35 quid to take them to small claims court . What have you got to loose . eBay ought to be held accountable for their content . I'm really sorry you fell for this , but I spotted it as too good to be true I only followed it up as i wanted to out these scum bags ! 

Thank you yes i will do that because i called them today and they said how they do not tolerate fraud. But yet when i read your post it was from November. But yet they was able to re list it. I think they do need to take some blame in letting them do this. Im very annoyed at this. I wouldnt have seen any advert if eBay acted and not let this happen again. They said as this was outside eBay, they cannot be held responsible.  Because the woman started emailing because she reckon shes deaf which is a lie, but before that eBay clearly saw the first correspondence in my message box to her and vice versa. That alone should have rung bells for eBay. Im gutted to the core and im not sure how long it will take me to get over this. This has affected me greatly, not to mention restrictions on my bank account now. Do you know when the ad was taken down? As i first saw the ad on the 9th dec.  Thanks 

hi hondansxr

Do you know which date you informed eBay that the item is a scam ? I need to take this further, i have been a eBay member for 7 years and i am dissapointed that eBay failed to act on this the second time they were allowed to advertise this on eBay. No one flagged anything up to me . No advert. No sale! I would not of  oight this car if it was not there for the second time in december  which i answered to the ad on the 9th of december and recieved the same email you did. Please let me know your name you use on eBay and i am about to take this to court. I have my item number as well as yours. I would be grateful. 

On 11/27/2018 at 12:08 AM, hondansxr said:
   BE AWARE             EBay item number: 39217878643   ENQUIRED AS TO WHY THIS IS SOOOO CHEAP HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED AS THEY ARE DEAF AND CANNOT ANSWERT THE PHONE ... I CALLED EBAY TO TELL THEM AND THEY WILL INVESTIGATE IN THE NEXT 24-72 HRS .....!!!!!!

Michelle Precious

6:00 PM (6 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hi again,

Like i said in my previous email the car is at the AJ Long Transport Ltd company ( www.ajlong-transport.co.uk) and it will be better for both if the transaction will be done through them, due to the fact i'm overseas and I can not meet with you in person.They will be the third, objective party involved in the transaction. This way you will actually pay for the car after you receive and test it, because the shipping company will hold the funds in an Escrow and release it to me only after you receive and decide to keep the car. 
You will have 5 days of inspection period.After the inspection period if you decide to keep it they will release the money to me and if you decide not to keep it they will come to pick it up and give you a full refund. I'm sure this won't be the case because the vehicle is flawless.Along with the car you will receive all the documents including the V5,keys, owner's manual,MOT certificates and a bill of sale signed to a legal attorney.
If you decide to buy the car,please include the following information in your next email. 
-Full Name;
-Shipping Address (postal code,full address)
-Phone Number
Let me know if the above return policy is acceptable and if you want to purchase the car.
Thanks for understanding,
Precious Michelle Tina

Whilst this con just isn't nice, it does spark the imagination as to what fiendishly clever  and legal ploy a Sherlock Holmes type genius could dream up to give these tricksters a totally fruitless run a few times round the block before finally kicking them into the long grass spent, exhausted and frustrated .... deaf aid and all!

47 minutes ago, Wass said:

Whilst this con just isn't nice, it does spark the imagination as to what fiendishly clever  and legal ploy a Sherlock Holmes type genius could dream up to give these tricksters a totally fruitless run a few times round the block before finally kicking them into the long grass spent, exhausted and frustrated .... deaf aid and all!

A website that does just that. 

https://www.419eater.com/

I know very true. Now i know the company is not even active, i believe it could be several people even the former owners of this AJ LONG TRANSPORT.

Calculating, using deafness, even saying ' oh you will love the car its flawless'. 

Ive even lost weight due to the stress of it all.

The same scams been going around for years now, there is also a variaton using paypal deposits. Just different people using the same scam they also try and suck owners in selling there cars to part with them then cancel the payment.

Chase your bank to pull some strings with Nationwide to try and get it back, also eBay should have a customer protection in place somewhere so keep at them.

Unfortunately it's the way it is now, if you avoid getting robbed on the net the chances are they will try and get you on the loads of phone scams or email scams. Sorry for your loss and hope you get your cash back and find a nice car.

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry to hear about what happened to you. They are still operating as I enquired about a car advertised on eBay. I had the same text message also stating they were unable due to being deaf to answer calls. Said they were selling the car on their sisters behalf. Then asked for an email address to send further details of the car. In the email offered free shipping (without even asking where I lived). Rang bells so I google the and came up with this thread. So have reported it. Thank you. Sorry once again to hear what happened to you.

Well done for also reporting it,  hopefully some sort of action will eventually be taken against them, they should not be allowed nor able to get away with it 

This is still happening, i've been looking for a Lexus or a Kuga and have had exactly the same message sent through and the same driving licence. The only difference is the organisation quoted, on the message to me stated amazon not a transport company.

I have reported it to eBay and hopefully they will pull the ad.