Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Washer Bottle Sensor wanted for LS 400

Anybody know decent source for same at decent cost please ?

Also see so many LS 400 prices from sublime to the ridiculous, what is the ball park value for a top condition lowish mileage one anyone in the know, or is it as it seems how long is a piece of string ?

In addition I do not see members selling privately on here, it seems dealers only or is only available for the full members ?

2 hours ago, Wisemonkey said:

Anybody know decent source for same at decent cost please ?

Also see so many LS 400 prices from sublime to the ridiculous, what is the ball park value for a top condition lowish mileage one anyone in the know, or is it as it seems how long is a piece of string ?

In addition I do not see members selling privately on here, it seems dealers only or is only available for the full members ?

Welcome to the LOC Simon. As Mike says, eBay/breakers has to be the best source.  The problem being LS400's go on and on so it's not the most common car to be broken. It seems the rules have been relaxed in recent weeks re selling. As you say, how long is a piece of string! Prices seem to vary widely with many "chancers" out there. 

Chaps, Thanks for the replies and advice, having the paint on her smart repaired tomorrow but got her back earlier after Cam Belt Kit and full service and Dinitrol treatment and rode her 20 miles, what a great comfy superb engined car, does not handle like a barge as well !

You might be better off getting a new float as a 2nd hand one could have some years on it. The float itself looses it’s sealed coat and saturates so turns into a sinker. The light for low fluid stays on.

They’re around 70 odd quid but at least will last about 20 years.

I confess I took a wire off mine so it shows on ignition and goes out but that’s it. I really must just replace it. 

Some folk repaired theirs but I couldn’t get mine to recover. 

washer bottle sensor ................  you maybe think it's not working coz it doesn't need filling up ........  I've only ever seen mine lit three times over 18 years, the capacity is enormous ..  and I check it about thrice a year too  :whistling:

Malc

12 hours ago, Wisemonkey said:

Also see so many LS 400 prices from sublime to the ridiculous, what is the ball park value

' park value ' really is as long as a piece of string

this year I've spent £850 on new cambelt, pulleys etc, waterpump and aux belt, coolant , full service ( but not plugs ) and MOT

£400 new tyres

£200 new rear o/s UCA

and £500 fitting it together with supply and fit new front pads and discs, new front drop links 

so £1950 this year ......  and I'm now ordering-up two new front UCAs .  ...  about £500 incl carriage and Customs etc from Amayama but fitting is a relatively simple job fortunately

AND the value of my car on 215k miles is about Zilch ........  but what would I get for it, well, not a lot more tbh  :yahoo:

BUT value to me is quite immeasurable .....  another 10 years at least on comparatively expense free motoring and sublime, supreme comfort and power etc

Malc

• Like 1

Simon

There is a simple fix for the water bottle sensor; remove sensor float from the bottle and leave it in the airing cupboard for a week to dry it out .

Paint the float with clear lacquer taking care to not to put too much on and it still slides freely on the stem.

Refit and you are good to go

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

leave it in the airing cupboard for a week to dry it out .

Sounds like a great idea, I assume a stop is needed in the bottom of the bottle (or some decent waterproof tape) to keep water in while using the car.

I have had mine disconnected for about 18 months now.

The only issue I see with one from a scrapper is that it will be on its way out, so a repair would be needed at some point.

From prevvious research I found that they are not cheap to buy new, and I always carry a spare 2 litre water bottle and screenwash for when I run out.

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

I tried the fix  - i.e remove, dry and apply varnish but didn’t work for me - this was many years ago 

Did mine on the new mark 4, 6 years ago when I bought it and it is still working.Varnish is not suitable it as to be poly based

As to be worth a try as against £70 for a new one.

• Like 1

Thanks all, will have a go at the fix on the washer bottle sensor.

The LS has had its minor scuffs and bumps sorted today and it looks superb, what with its refurbed alloys it is looking the Dogs Dangles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links