Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I found this idly looking and although I love my GS250 this seems a good step up. I know it’s expensive but it’s also very new in age and miles.

I’ve looked through the forum and not many of these about. I’ve heard the engine/transmission are solid but anything to worry about. Are these money pits as they get on?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201811082252488

Servicing wise I’d be using a Lexus dealership. I’ve found them helpful with the GS.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Beautiful car, perfect colour combination. Must be like new if only 14K miles. I'd love that car but can't bring myself to have something quite that long, but if it suits your circumstances.....

I'm surprised it's not for sale via a Lexus main dealer at that age and mileage (but what do I know). I'm currently keeping an eye on RX540H post 2012 for sale but only looking on the Lexus website. Where were you looking when you found the LS?

Beautiful car, perfect colour combination. Must be like new if only 14K miles. I'd love that car but can't bring myself to have something quite that long, but if it suits your circumstances.....
I'm surprised it's not for sale via a Lexus main dealer at that age and mileage (but what do I know). I'm currently keeping an eye on RX540H post 2012 for sale but only looking on the Lexus website. Where were you looking when you found the LS?

On autotrader. I’m very tempted...

• Thanks 1

Spending 30k isn't to be taken lightly, but if you've got it spare I agree with Malc, why hesitate?  And we know what happens to he who does don't we..... 

True, I’ve got a business and although I’m tempted it’s a lot of “capital” to tie up in a car. I’m on the fence...

I saw the car as a means of transport and only bought what the business needed not what I needed,I did pay 19k for the first LS400 I owned but I did keep it 15 years and pound for pound it was a sound investment .I bought the mark 4 for a fraction of the first car but that was 14 years older and with less miles than the first one so the maths can be awry .

I would be tempted if I needed to impress clients but those days are long gone and a reliable issue free  classic is more of a need now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, st4 said:

True, I’ve got a business and although I’m tempted it’s a lot of “capital” to tie up in a car. I’m on the fence...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The choice is solely yours, and as I've already quoted a common saying, how about another one.  If in doubt....  It's really difficult making decisions with cars, I've been there many times!  It is a lovely looking car, which I'd love to own.  I would however be constantly aware of future major expense.  I've always said that owning an old LS means I have luxury and comfort, but if something major went wrong I could just let the car go, I couldn't do that if I spent 30K.  Maybe you need to ask a woman's advice, they tend to impart wisdom regarding such issues!:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I`m pretty sure that it cannot be seen from the Drivers seat Stuart and one can always approach the car from the rear?  :):):)

Hi John did you sort your Battery problem and where did you buy from in the end, Rgds, Roger

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I`m pretty sure that it cannot be seen from the Drivers seat Stuart and one can always approach the car from the rear?  :):):)

I think we should give it a name - its a "Bodice" front or perhaps a "Waspy" front - though its some years since I was indulgently  familier with those particular articles of visual pleasure!

1 hour ago, Newbie1 said:

The price of two V12 Toyota Centuries. Blimey.

Now that's my kind of language!  How about one Toyota Century and keeping the other half of the money for fuel and maintenance. 

• Like 1

The price of two V12 Toyota Centuries. Blimey.

Or in another way under half it’s original price with only 14k miles on the clock in four years. It’s basically new and as painless to own as a brand new one. It’s a good buy looked at it that way.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, st4 said:

Or in another way under half it’s original price with only 14k miles on the clock in four years. It’s basically new and as painless to own as a brand new one. It’s a good buy looked at it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it 

1 hour ago, RgrWynne said:

Go for it 

I'm inclined to agree.  The chances of one as nice coming along with such low mileage are slim.  Go for it man, you'll only regret it when it sells to someone else.  What a beautiful thing to own, especially as someone else has coughed up the initial depreciation!   If my family silver consisted of more than one worn out EPNS spoon I'd sell it to buy that car! 

• Like 2

If I were you I would also consider this very rare GS which just showed up: https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-450h/35-Premier-19-Alloys-pbbux96

To be honest I'm a little bit tempted to buy it by myself but I've just done major service and bought new set of tyres for my current one so you can have it 🙂

If I were you I would also consider this very rare GS which just showed up: https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/GS-450h/35-Premier-19-Alloys-pbbux96
To be honest I'm a little bit tempted to buy it by myself but I've just done major service and bought new set of tyres for my current one so you can have it [emoji846]

The LS has done a lot less miles. The 14k really appeals. I like new cars

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hangie said:

To be honest I'm a little bit tempted to buy it by myself but I've just done major service and bought new set of tyres for my current one so you can have it 🙂

A facelift GS450h Premier! :ohmy:  I didn't think such a second hand car existed.  They will confirm the existence of the Loch Ness monster next! :smile:

22 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Hi John did you sort your battery problem and where did you buy from in the end, Rgds, Roger

Roger,

The Battery now seems fine after taking it for a couple of runs to recharge it. I did not need to seek a replacement and the car is running as it always has.

Thanks for asking.

I must remember to fit the Solar Powered Charger next time I go away!

9 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

A facelift GS450h Premier! :ohmy:  I didn't think such a second hand car existed.  They will confirm the existence of the Loch Ness monster next! :smile:

You are behind the times Shahpor. The existence of the Loch Ness Monster has been confirmed many times already !

You clearly do not read The Sun, Star, Express !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

You are behind the times Shahpor. The existence of the Loch Ness Monster has been confirmed many times already !

You clearly do not read The Sun, Star, Express !!

Apparently I am missing out on their quality journalism :smile: