Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Fog light Bulb size

Hi gents,

Anyone know this for sure? Google brings up a host of sites all saying different things, HB3, HB4, H11? Which one is it?

Many U.K. sites say US spec is different and many US sites say the ISF and IS250/350 are different too! 

@Toothy did the awesome bulb write up but his link to eBay to the fog lights is to an expired listing so you can’t see what it is/was 😩

Does anyone know for certain what size the front fog light is on our cars?

Thanks!!

Dan!

23 hours ago, Arqum said:

I went one step further and replaced the whole units for the LED versions that the CT200h come with! So so much better

I was really tempted to go down the LEDs all over route but Toothy has me convinced with his JDM style yellow Foggies!!

Had them on this morning on the way to work in the horrid foggy misty weather. Brought a tiny bit of JDM joy to my otherwise mundane commute 😉
You can buy film to place on the lamps that will colour the lens yellow. However, I wasn't sure on how well that would cope with the heat from the halogen bulbs.
If you went LED though you could wrap the lenses no problem (no heat). But I couldn't get an equivalent LED that was as powerful as a good old halogen, which kind of defeats the point of fog lights... Unless you have them on all the time for show.

14 hours ago, Toothy said:

Had them on this morning on the way to work in the horrid foggy misty weather. Brought a tiny bit of JDM joy to my otherwise mundane commute 😉
You can buy film to place on the lamps that will colour the lens yellow. However, I wasn't sure on how well that would cope with the heat from the halogen bulbs.
If you went LED though you could wrap the lenses no problem (no heat). But I couldn't get an equivalent LED that was as powerful as a good old halogen, which kind of defeats the point of fog lights... Unless you have them on all the time for show.

Already bought the film!!! Going for hyper yellow👌👌

13 hours ago, Toothy said:

Photos when you're done please! With and without film if you can. Thanks 🙂

Definitely! I understand it’s a wheel well or bumper off job so will do my best to get before and after on as many bulbs as I can. Got sides, indicators (both LED canbus free) and halogen fog breakers in yellow plus the film! Boxing Day project I reckon.

Well the front indicators are a bumper off job, so might as well do your fogs at the same time. Sounds daunting, but not that bad once you get into it.
Had to remove my air box for side lights if i remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Toothy said:

Well the front indicators are a bumper off job, so might as well do your fogs at the same time. Sounds daunting, but not that bad once you get into it.
Had to remove my air box for side lights if i remember correctly.

Thanks mate! I'll just do the bumper off like you say, gotta be the easier and simpler option.

16 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Definitely! I understand it’s a wheel well or bumper off job so will do my best to get before and after on as many bulbs as I can. Got sides, indicators (both led canbus free) and halogen fog breakers in yellow plus the film! Boxing Day project I reckon.

prepare for some swearing! getting the covers back on on the passenger side got me a little frustrated to say the least!