Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Off/Power button position for 12 volt battery replacement

Gentlemen -  mindful the Battery in my 2010 GS450h is the original fitting -  date mark on Battery casing clearly visible - and having tested the output -  a little low - I have ordered a new Battery before the winter really sets in .  My query is the position of the 'Off' button whilst refitting.  I have a standby pack using the OBD 'cannon' plug to provide power to the electrics whilst I remove the old Battery but being new to this  'Electronic Wunderkind'  I am uncertain as to the switch position -  should I leave it 'off' /  push once // push twice // remote key  alongside or key out of range.

I have lost count of the number of Battery removals I have effected on older cars but this one is so very different.....

Leave the car in the off position. Be aware "as I am sure you are" that the positive lead will still be live if you are using a Battery maintainer. So make sure you do not accidentally ground it. I suggest using a plastic bag taped over it while the batteries are changed over.
When removing the old Battery disconnect the negative terminal first, and when re connecting connect the negative last.

John.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, reid said:

Such helpful and rapid responses to my possibly rather dumb question but you have both given me exactly the answers I was seeking -  many thanks.

You may or may not be interested, but have a look at my post in this section "Fitting a larger Battery 12 volt battery". 

John.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links