Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 IS300h Dash Cam Power Source?

Hi,

I purchased a Nextbase dash cam yesterday with the hardwire kit. 

I want to install this in my 2017 IS300h. Is there an internal fuse box where I can take the power for the hardwire kit from?  I want to tap into the cigarette lighter fuse.

I have found the fuse box under the bonnet but can’t seem to see internal fuses. 

All help appreciated. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, C Mclean said:

Cure box in also under the dash in the passenger footwell. Need to be good at limbo dancing..

Hi

Found it at last.  

My next question is:-

Do I connect to 7.5 Amp IGN No 1 fuse or the 10 Amp IGI No 1 fuse?  

0BDE855B-5EF3-4533-A881-66FDC47402BA.jpeg

Have a look at this link from the (mostly) american clublexus site: link

Some information here about the Wiring diagram for rearview mirror and how to physically access the wires. This is for the 3rd generation IS300 (albeit not the "H") but I'd guess it's standard for all 3rd gen IS300s that have the auto dimming rear view mirror. Should (might?) be possible to wire in a dash cam here without having to route cables.

Haven't used this information myself, so treat with caution 😮

On 12/3/2018 at 12:00 PM, route66 said:

Have a look at this link from the (mostly) american clublexus site: link

Some information here about the Wiring diagram for rearview mirror and how to physically access the wires. This is for the 3rd generation IS300 (albeit not the "H") but I'd guess it's standard for all 3rd gen IS300s that have the auto dimming rear view mirror. Should (might?) be possible to wire in a dash cam here without having to route cables.

Haven't used this information myself, so treat with caution 😮

Hi,

Can the dash cam be wired to the interior light with a suitable 12v-5v transformer?  

If so, how is the interior light unit removed?

Thanks. 

19 hours ago, Pandybelly said:

Hi,

Can the dash cam be wired to the interior light with a suitable 12v-5v transformer?  

If so, how is the interior light unit removed?

Thanks. 

Apologies - haven't tried this myself. But why use the interior light if the power source is there in the mirror?

The hardwire kit comes with a 12v to 5v stepdown. So should not need anything else.

I'd prefer to avoid tapping into wires, and instead just use the fuse taps.

Ign no1 should be fine. The hardwire kit comes with a 2A fuse for the cam.

I wrote a guide a while ago about running cabling to tbe interior fuse box, that should be helpful, I'd avoid the interior lights or mirrors if I were doing my car.