Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Footrest / Dead pedal

Hey all..

Ok am I right to say the F-sport IS doesn't come with a drilled metal footrest as standard and not even the facelift one ? And has anyone fitted a drilled metal footrest from another Lexus ? I saw this link here, some guys in Japan fitted one from a RCF / RC F-sport https://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/1652845/car/1227415/3595096/5/note.aspx#title but the back of the footrest has to be smoothed and then fixed on by double sided tape. No idea why the F-sport don't have a metal one as standard to match the brake / acc pedal like the 1st gen IS200 Sport/300 and 2nd gen IS Sport/F-sport/SR/ISF !!!! Damm you Lexus !! By the way my IS300h isn't F-sport - I've only changed the brake and accelerator pedals to F-sport ones so far hence I'm not 100% sure this was the case for UK spec F-sport models !

44945949_1100317056811743_3414254960278241280_n.jpg

tbh i like the look of the plastic cover on the footrest over the drilled alluminium plate

it just looks so messy having the extra plate ,with the plastic cover its clearly defines

that you only have 3 pedals rather looking like you have 4 pedals

8 hours ago, 200h said:

tbh i like the look of the plastic cover on the footrest over the drilled alluminium plate

it just looks so messy having the extra plate ,with the plastic cover its clearly defines

that you only have 3 pedals rather looking like you have 4 pedals

Well my old IS200 and IS250 had them even though it was an SE model, think it compliments the brake and accelerator pedals, not fussed about the foot operated brake - that is from a clutch / brake pedal from Altezza Z edition / IS200 Sport manual