Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Michelin Cross Climates seem to be a favourite at the moment. And I had good experiences with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons on an XC90. The Pirellis can be had for about £130 a corner on a 235/55 R18 which I assume your 400H is.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Burroo 67 said:

any recommendations for all-year-round tyres?

7 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

Michelin Cross Climates seem to be a favourite at the moment. 

Funnily enough, I had a set of CrossClimates fitted to my GT a fortnight ago.

Bit early to say about how they perform in the cold (only had a few sub zero mornings since, and no ice or frost to speak of) but feel perfectly competent in the high single / low double figures we've had recently. Certainly quieter than the tyres they replaced (which had about 4mm to 5mm left), the 'hiss' you get with many summer tyres has gone but there's none of the 'brrrr' you can get with proper winter tyres. Also seems to be a nit of extra spring in them when going over expansion joints, etc.

• Like 2

We just put crossclimates on our 450h, noticeable quieter on the motorway.  There is a promotion on to the end of the year as well, we got a £100 pre paid credit card for purchasing 4 and a really good price at F1 autocentres ( worked out £200 cheaper than Costco). Not snow tested them yet, but where we live they better be as good as they are advertised....! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, darrude said:

We just put crossclimates on our 450h, noticeable quieter on the motorway.  There is a promotion on to the end of the year as well, we got a £100 pre paid credit card for purchasing 4 and a really good price at F1 autocentres ( worked out £200 cheaper than Costco). Not snow tested them yet, but where we live they better be as good as they are advertised....! 

I paid £700 for my set and got the £100 cashback. 

• Like 1

£631 we paid so effectivly 4 19" michelin tyres for £531... Which to me seems a bargain.

*Just checked the website again and showing as £720 now, lucky timing maybe.

I'll be doing the same on my IS when the time comes, currently running winter/summer tyres which is a pain (although very satisfying when you out do land rovers in the snow.

The road to my house doesn't get treated and is very steep).  

• Like 1

Tyre Update

Many thanks to those who took time to respond with suggestions.  I have decided to go with Michelin CrossClimate+ after reading numerous reviews.  Believe it or not the best deal was from KwikFit as there is a 10% discount if buying 2 tyres or more.....

Getting them fitted tomorrow, now for the brakes!!