Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving to London on the M23 this morning at a speed befitting a man of my age. Not bad for a 4.3 V8.  In the long roadworks where its a fifty limit it went as high as 37.  Not a very good photo but it does say 35.1 not 351!

IMG_20181202_100847364.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, messi said:

I drive like miss daisy, even on a local run to work I get 25/27 mpg but in the winter it does go down slightly 

A good answer Messi, but to get an A+ WE NEED MORE INFORMATION.

What typically do you get (miles) from a full tank ?

My GS 450h (3.5, V6 ) never gives less than 420 miles. The best I have got was 499.9 !

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

A good answer Messi, but to get an A+ WE NEED MORE INFORMATION.

What typically do you get (miles) from a full tank ?

My GS 450h (3.5, V6 ) never gives less than 420 miles. The best I have got was 499.9 !

Miles per full tank is meaningless without knowing the capacity of the tank ! 

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

You are all living in Fairyland. Please give us some real full tank to full tank consumption figures!

In town I get about 19 but the gentle cruise is really impressive for a big car.  It's a bit better than my previous LS as it has the 6th gear.  However, when I floored it on the way home it went down to remortgage the house MPG!  Without too much stop start the long journey figures really are in the low 30's per gallon which I don't think anyone could complain about.  Plus I really enjoyed today's journey in supreme comfort and quietness (apart from when I turned up Bob Dylan and the Eagles!)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

In town I get about 19 but the gentle cruise is really impressive for a big car.  It's a bit better than my previous LS as it has the 6th gear.  However, when I floored it on the way home it went down to remortgage the house MPG!  Without too much stop start the long journey figures really are in the low 30's per gallon which I don't think anyone could complain about.  Plus I really enjoyed today's journey in supreme comfort and quietness (apart from when I turned up Bob Dylan and the Eagles!)

Have you not heard of Kate Wolf Phil ?

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you not heard of Kate Wolf Phil ?

Not heard of her, will be searching out her music some time when not at work.

On the full tank measure, only did it once on trip from Stroud to Aberdeen (in dead of night so no hold ups), drove at 60-65 most of the way (very chilled out cruise).  Got 36mpg out of one tank.  Those hills, Shap & Beattock do not help the mpg.

I find my LS only slightly thirstier than Omega I once had (which on similar run, similar conditions, but running at 70-75) got 38mpg.  LS is a much nicer car for such a trip.

I still reckon for the money I paid for my LS, and the petrol I have put in it, I am better off than if I was running a younger motor with smaller engine.

14 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Funny how we like the same bands and artists as well as the same cars my favourite Kareoke numbers are eagles songs .

1 hour ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Not heard of her, will be searching out her music some time when not at work.

On the full tank measure, only did it once on trip from Stroud to Aberdeen (in dead of night so no hold ups), drove at 60-65 most of the way (very chilled out cruise).  Got 36mpg out of one tank.  Those hills, Shap & Beattock do not help the mpg.

I find my LS only slightly thirstier than Omega I once had (which on similar run, similar conditions, but running at 70-75) got 38mpg.  LS is a much nicer car for such a trip.

I still reckon for the money I paid for my LS, and the petrol I have put in it, I am better off than if I was running a younger motor with smaller engine.

So, 28-31 would be more than acceptable from a full tank`s figures in what is accepted to be a most superior motor car.

And mine is American Pie !

I'm afraid I can't endorse the idea of any of the aforementioned songs being used for karaoke. Glenn Frey would turn in his grave! Maybe it's something to do with owning Japanese cars, the Japanese love their karaoke.🎤

7 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

By the time I finish that one the audience as fallen asleep or gone home ,it is the longest single song on record.

American Pie" is a song by American singer and songwriter Don McLean. ... McLean's combined version is the fourth longest song to enter the Billboard Hot 100, at the time of release it was the longest, in addition to being the longest songto reach #1.

The Eagles are top of my play list. I have the Mark Levinson system in my 460. There are various complaints about the robustness of the bass speakers but I've had no problems......mind you, I don't need the volume so loud that my ears bleed.

And......We have tickets to see the Eagles at the SECC in Glasgow on July 4th next year 🙂 

1 hour ago, Tulpen said:

The Eagles are top of my play list. I have the Mark Levinson system in my 460. There are various complaints about the robustness of the bass speakers but I've had no problems......mind you, I don't need the volume so loud that my ears bleed.

And......We have tickets to see the Eagles at the SECC in Glasgow on July 4th next year 🙂 

Hope you enjoy those fabulous harmonies and guitar riffs by Joe Walsh on Hotel California

American Pie" is a song by American singer and songwriter Don McLean. ... McLean's combined version is the fourth longest song to enter the Billboard Hot 100, at the time of release it was the longest, in addition to being the longest songto reach #1.

Thanks for that update but my audience's are convinced I make it the longest or so one or two at the end do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpen said:

We saw them at Wembley when they were last touring here, just superb!