Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

40 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

We saw them at Wembley when they were last touring here, just superb!

Saw them in Manchester live a few years back, and by far the best act I have ever seen, plus agree with Tulpen, they are my choice on ML stereo. Their music is timeless along with Mark Knopfler, and got tickets to see him in Manchester next year. Happy days, Roger

1 hour ago, RgrWynne said:

Saw them in Manchester live a few years back, and by far the best act I have ever seen, plus agree with Tulpen, they are my choice on ML stereo. Their music is timeless along with Mark Knopfler, and got tickets to see him in Manchester next year. Happy days, Roger

My second best ever concert was Dire Straights.  The only thing with the Eagles new tour is there's no Glenn Frey, not sure how I'd feel about that.  I'm not generally a fan of tribute bands but we saw the Illegal Eagles three weeks ago, and eyes closed you'd think it was them.

• Like 1

A bit off topic but, as an Eagles fan, if you are ever in Arizona you need to visit the 'Standin on a Corner' State Park in Winslow. I took this picture in 2014:  

DSC_0559.thumb.JPG.144c46bb027d792e2fd425b98a73ac44.JPG

The guitarist statue is generic. However, after Glen Frey died, they added a statue of the great man. I took this in 2017:

DSC_0418.thumb.JPG.83f4eab54ce18ef50e3086df9bd239d6.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tulpen said:

A bit off topic but, as an Eagles fan, if you are ever in Arizona you need to visit the 'Standin on a Corner' State Park in Winslow. I took this picture in 2014:  

DSC_0559.thumb.JPG.144c46bb027d792e2fd425b98a73ac44.JPG

The guitarist statue is generic. However, after Glen Frey died, they added a statue of the great man. I took this in 2017:

DSC_0418.thumb.JPG.83f4eab54ce18ef50e3086df9bd239d6.JPG

Interesting, and did you see a girl my Lord in a flatbed Ford? And did she slow down to take a look at you?

My right foot is too heavy to record any decent fuel figures!!! I really don’t see the point in running a V8 if you aren’t going to utilise it. If fuel economy is a concern then you don’t buy a car like an LS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

My right foot is too heavy to record any decent fuel figures!!! I really don’t see the point in running a V8 if you aren’t going to utilise it. If fuel economy is a concern then you don’t buy a car like an LS.

Don't get me wrong, my fuel figures are usually terrible as I'm generally spanking  it, enjoying the V8. I was just pointing out what can be achieved, which is why I said my journey back was something else entirely!😁

'Interesting, and did you see a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford? And did she slow down to take a look at you...………………………..

There was a girl, and a flatbed Ford - but she drove on; no doubt thinking 'Who was that old git!'     🙂 

51 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

'Interesting, and did you see a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford? And did she slow down to take a look at you...………………………..

There was a girl, and a flatbed Ford - but she drove on; no doubt thinking 'Who was that old git!'     🙂 

I can see why that line wasn't in the original song!

5 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

I think that you drive your car the way you enjoy it. I agree that fuel consumption in a V8 should not be first priority, but I choose to not drive fast, but more in a refined way. I get great enjoyment from the serenity and total refinement only a V8 and in particular an LS, can give, all the while knowing that my vehicle will take off like a rocket if required.  I suppose a bit like an old fart 😂.  Enjoy your car the way you want not how others think you should and if that means also driving fast....so be it !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

I think that you drive your car the way you enjoy it. I agree that fuel consumption in a V8 should not be first priority, but I choose to not drive fast, but more in a refined way. I get great enjoyment from the serenity and total refinement only a V8 and in particular an LS, can give, all the while knowing that my vehicle will take off like a rocket if required.  I suppose a bit like an old fart 😂.  Enjoy your car the way you want not how others think you should and if that means also driving fast....so be it !

Well said that man!

• 2 weeks later...

On my summer holiday trip to Lot in France I averaged 28mpg over 1700 miles. Lots of Peage on the cruise control at 130kph and trips out every other day mostly on local roads. Superb for a 4.3 litre 280bhp petrol V8. On a similar trip my S320CDI only managed 40mpg on diesel and had 70 less bhp and atrocious turbo lag.

7 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

On my summer holiday trip to Lot in France I averaged 28mpg over 1700 miles. Lots of Peage on the cruise control at 130kph and trips out every other day mostly on local roads. Superb for a 4.3 litre 280bhp petrol V8. On a similar trip my S320CDI only managed 40mpg on diesel and had 70 less bhp and atrocious turbo lag.

Good going George.

Just arrived back from Spain,having dodged the yellow vest brigade and travelling 1750 miles in my fully loaded (Rioja) 16 year old diesel , 233,000 miles E class estate, which returned 51mpg

John, Just when I'd decided NOT to have installed  but sell the LPG Conversion Kit with unused Torodial I've had knocking around it seems forever, you tell us the sort of MPG figure which makes me envious.

Only Diesel i ever owned was a Renault Safrane briefly, which went into limp mode and has a non accessible Gearbox for checking level. New BoxSir? no thanks -  it went to a Londoner who drives local and can only ever reach second gear most of the time. Comfortable seats but the smell of Diesel seemed to always be there. Not the norm I'm sure.

Swansea too far away for installation so think Kit will have to go after Christmas. Wife will be pleased.

• Like 1