Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service cost

My car is booked in tomorrow, been told it is a 50k service and over £500. I question this as I thought it would be around £360... she said no, it’s the 50k service. The car is on 35 k... some advice would be appreciated.

thanks. 

Every odd number service is intermediate (10K, 30K, 50K, 70K, 90K) and Lexus fixed price servicing (UK) is £265 for each. Full services (on the 20K, 40K, 60K, 80K, 100K) vary in price depending on what is needed. Go to www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance and scroll down to Lexus Service Pricing and then below the explanation you can select the car and all is clear to see on intervals and pricing. You also say the car has done 35K miles so I assume it is low mileage so perhaps the service is based on the age (5 years old?) rather than the mileage?

image.thumb.png.5468bf041613b4cc9313580d2a80ec5f.png

Just now, wharfhouse said:

Just seen your model year is 2017 - so if you are on 35K miles for a 2017 model year it should be simply servicing based on mileage - so why are you getting it serviced at 35K miles?

They serviced the car at 5k when I bought it. So service is every 10k 

Just now, BillyCam said:

They serviced the car at 5k when I bought it. So service is every 10k 

Ah ok - then they are doing the 40K mile service - so you are getting it serviced in effect 5K miles earlier than the table - so it would be £535 - I think they are mistaken about it being the 50K service in that case

5 minutes ago, C Mclean said:

According to the Lexus UK site, https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/, it’s £265.

beaten by 20 seconds....

Thanks for your reply. I paid 265 for the first, then it went up to £360? for the last one, I thought it would be around the same, but she was adamant it was the 50k service this time, over £500 this time

2 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Ah ok - then they are doing the 40K mile service - so you are getting it serviced in effect 5K miles earlier than the table - so it would be £535 - I think they are mistaken about it being the 50K service in that case

Ah, ok... she did say 50k... but that’s the price she quoted... thank you for this.

2 minutes ago, BillyCam said:

Ah, ok... she did say 50k... but that’s the price she quoted... thank you for this.

Yep - sounds like a slip up - I would just double check when you take it in to make sure it's marked down on the job sheet correctly before they start work

2 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Yep - sounds like a slip up - I would just double check when you take it in to make sure it's marked down on the job sheet correctly before they start work

Will do. Thanks again!