Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How 'Elaborate ' are we talking? 

Have you got it fitted to your 250? And  Is it not functioning as you expect it should?

I have got it and use ACC at every opportunity, I have encountered the 'cornering' shut off situation as well as the heavy rain one. 

ACC & PCS are interlinked and when an object is detected in front of the vehicle when in motion the vehicles brakes are applied ( after reduction of throttle first) if it is considered to be an iminant hazard. If after applying the brakes in ACC mode and the hazard is not gone then the ACC switches OFF with 3 beeps to let you know you're on your own to deal with it!

Paul m.

Hi Texas.

The automatic cruise control functions fine. Slows the car when the car in front slows.

I'm just trying to find out more about the pcs side.

Does it have to be switched on, on every journey like the acc ?

I've never had it activate the pcs. But I'm unsure if the pcs defaults to off when you start the engine, and only activates when you switch on the by the stalk.

I.e you press button on stalk and it says radar ready in display

How good is the pcs ? Have you ever had it triggered by a pedestrian ?

Cheers Paul

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The way I understand it is that the PCS defaults to ON every time you start the vehicle ( even if it was/can be turned off previously) 

I have never had it (PCS) come into play at such a lever to think wow that was not me it must have been the PCS, this vehicle is fitted with so many passive safety features you may be unaware which are functions and when.

I did recently have a scary moment when using the CC, I thought it was in ACC mode but it turns out I was in Manusl mode and came up behind a slower vehicle and got a shock when 'we' never slowed as expected, I know even at the shortest radar cruise distance it is quite far enough to react (other cars normally drop into the gap and send me backwards!) but it was a surprise when nothing happened!

Some specs for the PCS below

paul m.

image.png