Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tempted by this any thoughts is250 auto

There are a few on gumtree. Most of the dealers sell on all the sites now anyway but if your happy to buy private there are a few.

You bothered about colour or spec?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, KenMavor said:

Also, go onto facebook and join the Lexus Owners Club UK as there are a few very good IS250s being sold there as well as a couple of nice GS300s.

Hi Ken, yes I've requested to join, seems to be a bit knocking around

14 hours ago, leelacey17 said:

There are a few on gumtree. Most of the dealers sell on all the sites now anyway but if your happy to buy private there are a few.

You bothered about colour or spec?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not too bothered on colour or interior colour but I'd like an SE-L with ML Audio

Ideally want a darker colour but silver would be fine. Not too keen on the Light blue

I've seen this one

https://www.drmotors.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-is-250-2-5-se-l-4dr-leicester-201812073078653

Decent spec, quite high mileage but as long as Service history and the repair work checks out I'm keen. I reckon I can haggle on that price too.

Looks in decent knick. Key things I suppose as mentioned are: Rear window elements, exhaust condition, Spark Plug change, brake pads and discs, wheels (these look standard for the spec of car) and general bits and bobs

14 hours ago, Texas said:

You do seem to find some irregular cars/sellers. I know buying a car is a minefield and you don't want to fritter away your hard earned but again I would not be comfortable with this, dunno why, just wouldn't, gotta be a normal car/seller out there for you!!

paul m.

Haha I know, like buses though aren't they, if I didn't want one the market would be flooded with my perfect car!

Doesn't help I'm North West based and most of these seem to be down south

48 minutes ago, Shackattack said:

Haha I know, like buses though aren't they, if I didn't want one the market would be flooded with my perfect car!

Doesn't help I'm North West based and most of these seem to be down south

Don't be put off travelling for the right car, I had a 10 hour round trip looking at a car in Warrington...  A motor is a big purchase and I'm always ready to travel if the perfect car comes on the market.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, baviaannl said:

Don't be put off travelling for the right car, I had a 10 hour round trip looking at a car in Warrington...  A motor is a big purchase and I'm always ready to travel if the perfect car comes on the market.

Fully agree - my brother in law lives in Leicester and is pretty handy with cars so I'm going to get him to have an initial look then maybe go down this weekend if everything checks out. 

Tbh it's only two hours away.

30 minutes ago, Shackattack said:

Fully agree - my brother in law lives in Leicester and is pretty handy with cars so I'm going to get him to have an initial look then maybe go down this weekend if everything checks out. 

Tbh it's only two hours away.

You won't regret a 250 though, fantastic cars and a really great drive.  Took ours through Europe in October and the drive was great, really comfortable and amazing on fuel (considering the V6)..  It really comes into it's own on a long motorway cruise, plenty of power when you need it and very quiet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baviaannl said:

You won't regret a 250 though, fantastic cars and a really great drive.  Took ours through Europe in October and the drive was great, really comfortable and amazing on fuel (considering the V6)..  It really comes into it's own on a long motorway cruise, plenty of power when you need it and very quiet.

I'm excited to own one, especially considering all the great press they have.

More positive news, that one in Leicester, spoke to the garage who said it's been very well maintained. Pads and discs replaced in the last year or so and Spark plugs last year.

Hopefully going to see it tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shackattack said:

More positive news, that one in Leicester, spoke to the garage who said it's been very well maintained. Pads and discs replaced in the last year or so and Spark plugs last year.

Sounds like it was looked after then.  Check the usual stuff.  Take it for a good drive and give it some welly when warm.  Don't be afraid to take it for a long test drive.  They are really not that expensive to run which has surprised me. 

Just now, Shackattack said:

I went for an SE-L which is the spec to go for imho, I knew after driving it for 200 meters that it would be coming home with me, the drive was sublime!  I was coming from a 2015 Honda CRV with every gadget and extra you could imagine although I've not missed it at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenMavor said:

Sounds like it was looked after then.  Check the usual stuff.  Take it for a good drive and give it some welly when warm.  Don't be afraid to take it for a long test drive.  They are really not that expensive to run which has surprised me. 

I know I was surprised looking at the figures. I'm not overly keen on a diesel, quite like the thought of a V6 too!

Do you think his asking price is slightly too much, appreciate it's a 58 plate but I reckon I can get it for under £4500?

Are the warranties worth the paper they're written on? All I'm thinking is if the exhaust falls off, would that cover it or would it be classed as W and T?

4 minutes ago, baviaannl said:

I went for an SE-L which is the spec to go for imho, I knew after driving it for 200 meters that it would be coming home with me, the drive was sublime!  I was coming from a 2015 Honda CRV with every gadget and extra you could imagine although I've not missed it at all.

Fingers crossed this is my situation too.

Looking at their reviews and inventory, they seem to deal in a lot of Lexus' so hopefully that bodes well.

I'm surprised at how much kit they have considering the ages of the cars. Air conditioned seats sounds nice.

Does yours have ML? is it worth it compared to the standard system?

1 minute ago, Shackattack said:

Fingers crossed this is my situation too.

Looking at their reviews and inventory, they seem to deal in a lot of Lexus' so hopefully that bodes well.

I'm surprised at how much kit they have considering the ages of the cars. Air conditioned seats sounds nice.

Does yours have ML? is it worth it compared to the standard system?

You might want to look at my build thread

I listed my thoughts of the ML system...  The system itself sounds great although I found the sat nav to be poor and the lack of proper MP3 support puzzling.  I did manage to overcome both issues.... At a cost 😄  I love the car even more now that the entertainment is up to date.

6 minutes ago, baviaannl said:

You might want to look at my build thread

I listed my thoughts of the ML system...  The system itself sounds great although I found the sat nav to be poor and the lack of proper MP3 support puzzling.  I did manage to overcome both issues.... At a cost 😄  I love the car even more now that the entertainment is up to date.

Nice thread, very detailed.

Did the ML audio take well to the new head unit?

I'm assuming that the system itself is stand alone powered and not from the head unit?

2 minutes ago, Shackattack said:

Nice thread, very detailed.

Did the ML audio take well to the new head unit?

I'm assuming that the system itself is stand alone powered and not from the head unit?

The new system is an addition to the ML unit, you don't loose any functionality from the factory system.  You remove the ML system and plug the Vline straight into the connectors.  

If you do go ahead with the one in Leicester, then I would remove that annoying/pointless sticker, some Herbert decided would look Good, on the back window using a hair dryer sooner rather than later as once it hardens and goes brittle it ain't never coming off!

As for the Vline kit, I am very close to going for that as an upgrade for mine, bit expensive but might just treat myself! Shame that baviaannl never done a 'How to" with pics when he installed his 😀. Having said that if I do go for it I too will prob just want to get it installed perfectly and will 'forget' to document it!!!!!

paul m.

• Like 1

Just now, Texas said:

If you do go ahead with the one in Leicester, then I would remove that annoying/pointless sticker, some Herbert decided would look Good, on the back window using a hair dryer sooner rather than later as once it hardens and goes brittle it ain't never coming off!

As for the Vline kit, I am very close to going for that as an upgrade for mine, bit expensive but might just treat myself! Shame that baviaannl never done a 'How to" with pics when he installed his 😀. Having said that if I do go for it I too will prob just want to get it installed perfectly and will 'forget' to document it!!!!!

paul m.

Never fear 😄  I still have those photo's on dropbox, I'll have a go at the guide tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Texas said:

paul m.

I know, I'll get them to take it off, then if they damage the window elements I'll get more money off.

One thing which is concerning is the exhaust. If it's on it's way out, how do you tell by just looking under the car?

Are there tell tale signs it's about to go?

Exhausts on these cars are pretty robust and last a good long while, but to check 100% you really need to get it up on a lift with engine running. 

As for that sticker then I would, when crawling all over the car inspecting it, have a cheeky try at peeling away the corner to see how 'stuck' it actually is. And as for getting them take it then Off....NO... It will prob be the same Herbert that put it on there and he don't give a hoot. So you know the rules....'If you want a job doing properly....."

paul m.

3 hours ago, Texas said:

Have you read this thread as this might be available, don't think he's had it long and his detailing has be posted so it should look peachy.

Just messaged him thank you for the heads up

Just an update all. 

Went to view the grey one today from Dr motors. Great little outfit BTW if anyone is in the Leicester area, they had a few is250s there

I'm sold on the car (not this one), the amount of tech, driveability, looks for the price is quite astonishing. I felt it had just enough power. I've had much faster cars in the past but 200 bhp is about right. Engine sounds nice too and powerful. 

This particular car though didn't do it for me. I liked the spec and exterior colour but I felt the interior was quite tired, something about that sort of cream beige headliner and pillars which put me off. I'm sure a better example would do this business but ill try to aim for a darker interior 

Audio wise I wasn't absolutely blown away by the mark levinson, yes sure it was good but I feel I could do without that and thus open up more vehicles in my search. 

Tech wise though, what's the difference between this and an se-i? Things I quite liked keyless entry and start

Reverse camera

Xenon headlights 

I really liked the gear lever the way it clunks into place is quite satisfying. I have a gle also and the gear select on the indicator stalk is boring! 

My search continues l