Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tempted by this any thoughts is250 auto

13 minutes ago, negativelift said:

I went to look at the blue IS250 mentioned in the OP. Was nothing special (in my opinion) to stand in front of and certainly didn’t look worth what they’re asking for it!

If anyone cares, the one I looked at; smelled like it had been smoked in (which straightaway is a dealbreaker for me), there was a deep chip to the paint (down to the metal) where the roof meets the windscreen on the near side, some bad paint on the near side front wing - numerous raised bubbles/drips, have actually never seen anything like it before but looked really quite bad, also the rear quarter where it meets the bumper was a patch about an inch long down to the metal on the near side. It sounded to run alright. The roof gutter trim was not sitting flush on the offside at the rear. And the driver’s seat not all the motors worked for adjustment. Tyre wear wasn’t very even and a couple were gonna need changing soon. I’d had enough by then. It was also being kept not at their main site but at a different location and looking kinda grubby. That in itself made me think it’s perhaps not too great an example. If it was, surely they’d have it all shined up, front of house.

It was the first one i’ve looked at so maybe i’m being a bit critical but they are asking top money for it so i’m going to be! Anyway I was really impressed at the feel of the cabin. Had a nice solid feel to it. The amount of kit you get is really quite amazing. I’ve had a run of BMWs for the last 10 years and I was a bit dubious about a Japanese car feeling as well built/put together. I should not have been worried though. I wish i’d known about these cars years ago. 

The search continues ...

Seriously mate hold out until you find the right one. I looked at 6 before either bought this. Has a couple of superficial scratches but the one you looked at was well overpriced at 5k

Dont be put off if it's not se-L. Can still get a decent se-i just doesn't have a few specific options. I managed to get facelift which has door mirror indicators and different styling pieces 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, Shackattack said:

Hi Ken (and all)

So after much searching and travelling I went to view Wetmybeak's IS250 in Warrington on Sunday and we agreed on a price and I'm now the proud owner! 🙂

58 plate (2009 model) facelift version, Dark Grey, Black Leather interior and the car is in great condition, I look forward to maintaining a high standard of care (maybe a couple of cosmetic modifications, LED lights etc) over my time as owner.

Very happy, I understand what everyone says now about these cars in terms of what's on offer to the cost involved. It's crazy but I guess we have a nice little (overlooked) slice of the pie

Excellent and well done....probably a very good idea to buy through the forum as most people look after their cars on here.  I bought from a dealer and under warranty they paid to replace most of the exhaust (£700 stainless)  It was my entry into Lexus ownership and I just wanted to see how "expensive" it was to run and maintain a Lexus as the rumours had it to be expensive.  Tyres (£140) and petrol and a £370 bill for service (new rear brake caliper, new discs and pads all round and slider pins) is all I've spent.  So cost so far is very little for such a car and it feels and drives beautifully.  I might look at the next level up and a hybrid but I really do not do enough miles to warrant it!!

Quick update, started with the retrofit to LED light install. Did the interior and puddle lights last night. All I'll say is wow! What a difference, it's crazy how much better they are. 

Especially good when you walk up to the car and the light underneath the mirror lights up the whole side of the car!

A must have mod and very easy and cheap to do!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shackattack said:

Quick update, started with the retrofit to LED light install. Did the interior and puddle lights last night. All I'll say is wow! What a difference, it's crazy how much better they are. 

Especially good when you walk up to the car and the light underneath the mirror lights up the whole side of the car!

A must have mod and very easy and cheap to do!

what kind of bulb goes into the mirrors?

If you have got the red lenses in the lights at the bottom corners of the front door cards then you can swap these to clear to increase light levels even more.

paul m.

If you have got the red lenses in the lights at the bottom corners of the front door cards then you can swap these to clear to increase light levels even more.
paul m.
You can also change them to thesee8257716a5c756038fab9d62bffd3c5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Apologies for the lack of update however I'm now 6 weeks into ownership and loving every second. 

I have also (this weekend) completed my LED transformation of the car. 

I appreciate that it's a bit of a mute point on here however for anyone looking to upgrade from the standard halogen headlights to Xenon etc I would honestly suggest to go down the eld replacement route. 

For one thing if anyone is worried about mot failure, it's a simple plug and play exercise. I purchase three sets of bulbs, dipped, main and side light and the difference (no pun intended) is night and day.

Not only has my light output significantly increased but they look amazing instead of the dull yellowy colour of the old ones. It literally transforms the car. 

Beam pattern is spot on, I haven't had to make any adjustments, I've also had my wife drive behind me in my other car and there is absolutely no glare. Full beam is like the sun  projecting from your car its quite extraordinary. 

The bulbs were 30 quid per pair from amazon

Im seriously happy with the outcome. I don't think lexus wanted anyone to ever change the bulbs haha. It's a good few hour job taking the airbox out etc and very fiddly but not complicated in the slightest. Just remember that when you're testing them before you out everything back in, don't switch the electrics on, just use the stalk power otherwise if you haven't reattach the O2 sensor it'll flag

Happy to assist anyone if they so wish

Thanks