Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, first Lexus & my first post

wewuntbedruv

Hi everyone,

Just saying hello with a quick post.  I've taken a bit of time to get round to joining in on the forum.  This is my first Lexus - an '08 GS450h SE-L (i.e. without the sunroof and ACC). 

I bought it back in March and in the main very happy, though there's a couple of niggles that I may ask for some thoughts on in due course, but good to be here.

cheers

Phil

IMG_20181205_150655916[1].jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to LOC Phil. There is plenty of good information here, and a friendly bunch of contributors.
A good looking car much like my 2007, and as you know by now plenty of performance with exceptional economy for such a large car.

John.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

John - yes plenty of get up and go!   The sport mode is a joy to use but you do notice the comfort difference on some of the less well maintained roads!

Mike - they are 'lookers' aren't they 🧡.  Mine's just over 69k now

Phil

23 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum and becoming a gold member :thumbup:

As you car is silver it must be easier to keep clean than mine! 

What niggles do you have?

Cheers, Lee

Hi Lee,

thanks, yes silver isn't too bad!

Niggles:

1. over the last couple of weeks both windscreen washers have got progressively weaker 'til the water only splashes the bottom of the screen now.  It's not the pump (which I can hear working!) and water does come out the nozzles.

2. I keep getting a very occasional whiff of petrol around the rear end (haha) and once or twice inside the cabin.  No sign of fluid or vapour.  I had thought it was me splashing when i filled up but I've noticed it three or four times now. Weird.

cheers

Phil

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Phil have all the recalls been done? as there is one for a possible petrol leak. A phone call to your nearest dealer will give conformation.

John.

John, yes that one's been done. I may well may have to take it back under warranty as it's happened more than a couple of times and don't want to take any chances!