Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Incoming newbies

i-s

Well, I have driven a Tesla...

And unleashing the full power of an RWD car of this power, on summer tyres, on a greasy, wet midwinters day might not be entirely advisable. Hubby was very patient and convoyed with me in the leaf on the journey back. 

22 minutes ago, i-s said:

Well, I have driven a Tesla...

And unleashing the full power of an RWD car of this power, on summer tyres, on a greasy, wet midwinters day might not be entirely advisable. Hubby was very patient and convoyed with me in the leaf on the journey back. 

Perhaps surprisingly in the GS450H you can still do this without any drama. I find the traction control, and limited slip diff takes care of such situations without being obtrusive or invasive. I agree though safe driving comes first.

John

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Britprius said:

Perhaps surprisingly in the GS450H you can still do this without any drama. I find the traction control, and limited slip diff takes care of such situations without being obtrusive or invasive. I agree though safe driving comes first.

John

Hi John, never heard that before, is that for a fact that GS 450h has a slip diff?

5 hours ago, i-s said:

Well, sleep didn't happen. 

220 miles round trip in my leaf was also rather tedious...

And hubby got to drive the GS back. 

Not quite sure what to say about the car... Let me think...

Hmmmmm...

Got it! 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

😁😱🚀

So... What we have is a 2015 GS450h Premier with all three options (sunroof, LED lights, PCS) in crimson/Riviera red. It is as immaculate as you could hope of a used car. Pics will follow once we get it home and detailed better...

Congratulations! 🙂

• Like 1

Pictures will come, don't worry...

My understanding of the LSD is that 3rd gen GS450h had a mechanical LSD, but that the 4th gen uses the brakes to mimic LSD behaviour (ie applies the brake gently to the slipping wheel to push torque back across the open diff).

My leaf also does the latter, and with traction control off is actually rather adept at climbing a snow-covered slope (as gentle ev torque gets you going so easily in snow).

It's a solution that works well enough in 99% of normal road driving that there's little benefit to an LSD except on track these days. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

All series III GS450h have an LSD.

I have Mark4 so probably if there is any it would be as @i-s says something mimicking it, which is better than nothing! As I know even most BMW come without LCD only M-models have that so I was surprised to find out that GS might have one!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links