Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES300h UK brochure and online configurator available

Steve44

as above, brochure available to download now and configurator on the Lexus UK website is now up.

Brochure is only a teaser, nothing of substance, mpg etc is all in l/km not mpg and nothing confirmed subject to WLTP homologation.

FSport trim only available with Tahara upholstery??? Not leather and no option.  Surely not?

Takumi wood trim looks 🤢

On 12/6/2018 at 4:40 PM, Steve44 said:

as above, brochure available to download now and configurator on the Lexus UK website is now up.

Brochure is only a teaser, nothing of substance, mpg etc is all in l/km not mpg and nothing confirmed subject to WLTP homologation.

FSport trim only available with Tahara upholstery??? Not leather and no option.  Surely not?

Takumi wood trim looks 🤢

Its a pre-sales leaflet. 

It doesn't even have the full specs in it yet, its just to show some of the colour choices and a bit of detail about the car.

I expect the proper ones to come out in January

The lineup on the website is rather disappointing. ES, F-Sport and Takumi, which I guess is the equivalent to Premier on other models.

ES and F-Sport have Tahara rather than real leather, do not have the 3x3 LED headlights that look so good and are so efficient and have to make do with a 8 inch display rather than the 12.3 inch display of the Takumi.

What a missed opportunity!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 7:58 PM, DanD said:

The lineup on the website is rather disappointing. ES, F-Sport and Takumi, which I guess is the equivalent to Premier on other models.

ES and F-Sport have Tahara rather than real leather, do not have the 3x3 LED headlights that look so good and are so efficient and have to make do with a 8 inch display rather than the 12.3 inch display of the Takumi.

What a missed opportunity!

You can add a Takumi pack to the other trim levels to give you some of the top spec toys but not all of them.  Packs are German-esq uber expensive.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:47 AM, rayaans said:

Its a pre-sales leaflet. 

It doesn't even have the full specs in it yet, its just to show some of the colour choices and a bit of detail about the car.

I expect the proper ones to come out in January

Lexus has advised that the brochures will likely be February.  That’s a month after the first customers have collected their cars.  

I’m tempted by a deep blue Takumi with rich cream leather but not if it’s without CarPlay.

With the first UK customers getting their ES's within the next 2-3 weeks it's crackers that Lexus UK still doesn't know the exact spec and whether AC is coming or not.  The US are already enjoying their gen 7 ES's with AC so I don't understand the reason for Lexus UK potentially not going with it.  AC, for me, is a deal breaker.

Full brochure now available for download   https://forms.lexus.co.uk/EBrochures/Lexus_ES_e-brochure.pdf

some real oddities in the spec.

No Carplay as suspected.  Nav is the same system as in the RX I think.

F-Sport trim is confirmed as Tahara only, no leather even as an option. But a base ES with premium pack gets Smooth Leather?!? Takumi trim is semi-aniline.

Premium Pack on base ES also gets Blind Spot and Rear Cross traffic, but its not part of the Takumi pack on the FSport. You get a card key with the Takumi pack on FSport which isn't mentioned, but is in the spec list.  360 deg camera (part of the Premier/Takumi packon on NX) is Takumi trim only in ES. Its a real hotchpotch!

Only 1 engine choice and 3 standard specifications is somewhat limiting.  The rigidity of the options packs is also not helpful.

One thing I noticed - only 111mph top speed?  I know that is hardly a large issue here in the UK, but it still seems a little slow?

43 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

One thing I noticed - only 111mph top speed?  I know that is hardly a large issue here in the UK, but it still seems a little slow?

Same as the CT and NX, I'm guessing a limitation of the FWD hybrid drivetrain